Author Topic: Jan. 6 prisoners claim guards abused them, denied them medical, religious services: GOP Rep. Nehls  (Read 294 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Jan. 6 prisoners claim guards abused them, denied them medical, religious services: GOP Rep. Nehls

"They're concerned. They said that their grievances are not being heard."

By Ben Whedon

Updated: January 6, 2023 - 6:27pm

On the two-year anniversary of the Jan. 6, 2021, disturbance at the U.S. Capitol, Texas Republican Rep. Troy Nehls revealed that the imprisoned participants in that incidents complained to him of abuse from their guards and claimed they had been denied access to religious services and medical treatment.

Nehls on Friday recalled his Thursday visit to a prison housing Jan. 6 prisoners on the "Just the News, No Noise" television show, saying "I had an opportunity to visit. A couple of my staffers went with me and when we pulled up to the jail, there was a whole entourage. We had everybody there from Mayor Bowser's office, I mean, we had the head cheese there."

"[W]e spent about an hour and 15 minutes," he continued. "They knew I was coming because the place smelled very, very clean. Almost to the point that was irritating my eyes with the bleach. But here nor there. We were there."

"[W]e had a an opportunity to go visit the J Sixers, the detainees in their tank, and there are about 21 of them there," he said. "Many of them were there for pretrial confinement had about 15 minutes and and listen to them. They're concerned. They said that their grievances are not being heard."

more
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/gop-rep-nehls-says-jan-6-prisoners-claimed-guards-abused-them-were-denied-religious
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

All they had to do was claim to be muslim.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org