Author Topic: Biden basks in GOP Speaker chaos  (Read 183 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden basks in GOP Speaker chaos
« on: January 07, 2023, 10:11:10 pm »
 Biden basks in GOP Speaker chaos
by Brett Samuels - 01/07/23 12:00 PM ET

Republicans gave President Biden a late Christmas gift with their messy, drawn-out struggle to elect a House Speaker.

Biden called the drama, which finally ended with victory for Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in an early Saturday morning 15th ballot, “embarrassing” and a bad look for the country. But Democratic strategists and White House officials see the House GOP’s disarray as an easy opportunity for contrast — and an issue where Biden can make political hay as he prepares a reelection campaign.

“When your foe is lighting themselves on fire, don’t hand them a hose,” said Matt Bennett, a co-founder of the centrist think tank Third Way. 

“The White House keeping their distance, I think, is smart,” Bennett continued. “Say these people are irresponsible and they do not take the task of governing seriously. It’s very easy to do that with this episode. But it will allow them to do the same when they try to impeach [Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro] Mayorkas and drag Biden’s son through the mud. So it really provides amplification to the idea that anything they’re doing is irresponsible.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3802947-biden-basks-in-gop-speaker-chaos/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden basks in GOP Speaker chaos
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 10:31:17 pm »
The only thing biden basks in is a full adult diaper.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 11:09:50 pm »
With gasoline, diesel, natural gas, propane and heating oil rapidly rising again you bet old 'buck? What buck, ain't no buck stoppin here!' will try to pass the buck once again onto the republicans for his incompetence, because you know there was four or five days that nobody could send another cash order to the printing presses.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 11:18:35 pm »
Shill strikes again.

Bask my ass,  his blank check gig is up.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.