Author Topic: Winter’s Risks Increased By Unaffordable Heating Prices  (Read 158 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Winter’s Risks Increased By Unaffordable Heating Prices
« on: January 07, 2023, 06:10:39 pm »
Winter’s Risks Increased By Unaffordable Heating Prices
By Guest Contributor -January 3, 20230

Guest post by Vijay Jayaraj
Spare a thought for millions who will be living through an uncertain winter due to unaffordable heating prices. The situation is worse this year because of the energy crisis in Europe, where fuel is scarce and expensive. In the U.S., a bomb cyclone that suddenly chilled much of the country sent power demand soaring and disrupted supplies to consumers.

Being a species born in the tropics, humans are prone to greater morbidity and mortality in winter. People exposed to cold conditions have a “higher risk of stroke, respiratory infection and other injuries” due to reduced strength and dexterity in low temperatures. Whether the threat is a flu infection or a fall, the risk is generally greater in the more challenging environment of cold weather.

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, “Death rates in winter months have been eight to 12% higher than in non-winter months.” It adds that “even moderately cold days can increase the risk of death for many people.”

https://climaterealism.com/2023/01/winters-risks-increased-by-unaffordable-heating-prices/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson