Author Topic: Green Energy Revolution? Oil Use Growing at a Million Barrels per Day Per Year  (Read 138 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green Energy Revolution? Oil Use Growing at a Million Barrels per Day Per Year
7 hours ago Eric Worrall 12 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Cam_S; Other than the Covid lockdown dip, there is no evidence of a drop in demand for oil.

Robert Lyman: The ‘truth about oil’ is that the world keeps using more of it

It is time to confront the illusory truth about oil for the sham that it is

Robert Lyman,  Special to Financial Post
Published Jan 05, 2023  •  Last updated 18 hours ago  •  2 minute read

What psychologists refer to as “illusory truth” is the tendency people have to believe anything, no matter how false, so long as they hear it repeated often enough. Proponents of climate alarm endlessly repeat that the world is using less and less oil and that this trend is relentless and inevitable. As their logic goes, reducing and eventually ending oil production is merely facilitating a trend that is happening anyway. But that “truth” is completely illusory.

The 2022 edition of the BP Statistical Review of World Energy provides data on global demand for crude oil. According to the review, between 2002 and 2019, total world demand rose by 19.5 million barrels per day, from 78.3 million to 97.7 million. The annual average increase from 2009 to 2019 was over one million barrels per day per year. This is the fastest absolute growth in oil demand over a comparable period ever.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/06/green-energy-revolution-oil-use-growing-at-a-million-barrels-per-day-per-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson