Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 87534 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #475 on: May 20, 2023, 08:03:37 pm »
Here’s a clip of Homer Simpson dancing to “I feel freel

https://youtu.be/oxyMPEuL3ag

@libertybele
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #476 on: May 20, 2023, 08:10:46 pm »
Here’s a clip of Homer Simpson dancing to “I feel freel

https://youtu.be/oxyMPEuL3ag

@libertybele

Good one @Gefn !
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #477 on: May 20, 2023, 11:06:41 pm »

I really like(d) Cream. Rest in Peace sir

They have stood the test of time. Even the youngins like them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #478 on: May 20, 2023, 11:41:43 pm »
They have stood the test of time. Even the youngins like them.
Yeah, my grandkids (all grown now) never complained about the music I play, (unlike my parents  :silly:)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #479 on: May 22, 2023, 02:45:53 pm »
Looks like Clapton is the only one left.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #480 on: May 23, 2023, 10:23:56 pm »
Rolf Harris dies age 93.

The Australian novelty singer, after decades of relatively good repute and numerous honors, was disgraced following the discovery of known pervert Jimmy Savile's misdeeds as a British TV host after Savile died.Operation Yewtree fished for accusations against other BBC hosts and drummed up enough accusations, some decades old, to send Harris to jail for over three years. Harris denied the accusations until the end of his life and died, at his home, of old age.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/23/uk/rolf-harris-dead-intl-gbr/index.html

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RviuTfdfArM
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Kamaji

« Reply #481 on: May 24, 2023, 12:14:44 pm »
Chas Newby, former bassist for The Beatles, dead at 81

By Nika Shakhnazarova
May 24, 2023

Chas Newby, a bassist for The Beatles in their early days, has died aged 81.

The musician played a key role in the iconic band’s early success in the 1960s while the group’s original bassist, Stuart Sutcliffe, was away pursuing his art career.

A cause of death has not yet been announced.

Newby was a member of John Lennon’s first band The Quarrymen, and news of his death was announced by The Cavern Club Liverpool — a music venue where The Beatles performed before finding global stardom.

“It’s with great sadness to hear about the passing of Chas Newby,” the venue wrote in a Facebook post. “Chas stepped in for The Beatles for a few dates when Stuart Sutcliffe stayed in Hamburg and latterly he played for The Quarrymen.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/chas-newby-former-bassist-for-the-beatles-dies-aged-81/

Online Kamaji

« Reply #482 on: May 24, 2023, 05:20:16 pm »
Gerald Castillo, ‘Saved by the Bell’ and ‘General Hospital’ actor, dead at 90

By Brooke Kato
May 24, 2023

Gerald Castillo, who starred in “General Hospital” and “Saved by the Bell,” has died at 90.

The actor died May 4 in his Houston home, his wife, Dayna Quinn-Castillo, confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter.

Castillo starred in the ABC daytime soap opera “General Hospital” from 1992 to 1994, and also appeared in “M*A*S*H,” “Night Court,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” and “All in the Family.”

Most notably, he played A.C. Slater’s father, Major Slater, in the iconic ’90s series “Saved by the Bell” from 1989 to 1992.

Born Dec. 23, 1932, Castillo launched his career in the arts at the Goodman Theater in his hometown of Chicago. According to the Hollywood Reporter, he studied acting and stage direction there in the ’60s before performing with the likes of Rita Moreno, James Broderick and Jeanne Crain across the country.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/gerald-castillo-saved-by-the-bell-actor-dead-at-90/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #483 on: May 24, 2023, 05:59:40 pm »
Earth, Wind & Fire guitarist Sheldon Reynolds dead at 63

Sheldon Reynolds, guitarist for the legendary music group Earth, Wind & Fire, has died at the age of 63.

Current band member, Philip Bailey, confirmed the news on Twitter.

“This news of Sheldon Reynolds’ transition is very sad for all of us who knew and worked with him,” Bailey wrote on Wednesday.

The message continued, “Sheldon vocally had Reese down. Sheldon was an excellent addition to the band, a great writer and producer, and a kind, loving person. He will be missed. Our condolences to his family.”

A cause of death was not provided.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/earth-wind-fire-guitarist-sheldon-reynolds-dies-at-63/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #484 on: May 24, 2023, 07:00:23 pm »
 Tina Turner dead at 83

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tina-turner-dead-83

The Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll's death was announced on Instagram Wednesday.

"It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner," the statement said. "With her music and her boundless passion for life, she enchanted millions of fans around the world and inspired the stars of tomorrow. Today we say goodbye to a dear friend who leaves us all her greatest work: her music. All our heartfelt compassion goes out to her family. Tina, we will miss you dearly."

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2023, 07:01:54 pm »
Simply the best

Tina Turner dead: Queen of rock ‘n’ roll was 83
Tina Turner, legendary queen of rock, dead

She was known for her catalog of hits including “Proud Mary,” “What’s Love Got to Do With It,” “The Best” and “Private Dancer.”

Tina Turner, known as the Queen of Rock ‘n Roll for her catalog of hits including “Proud Mary” and “Private Dancer,” has died.

She was 83.

The news was shared on Turner’s Instagram account on Wednesday.

“Verified It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner. With her music and her boundless passion for life, she enchanted millions of fans around the world and inspired the stars of tomorrow,” the statement read. “Today we say goodbye to a dear friend who leaves us all her greatest work: her music. All our heartfelt compassion goes out to her family.

“Tina, we will miss you dearly.”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/tina-turner-dead-queen-of-rock-n-roll-was-83/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #486 on: May 24, 2023, 07:04:03 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2023, 07:31:31 pm »
RIP Tina Turner.

She had a bit of a rough life in watching a documentary about her.

Her earliest and one of her best songs: "Proud Mary"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfYnRQgKgY
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2023, 07:36:17 pm »
My father (former employee of a St. Louis TV station) had an old kinescope-transferred-to-3/4" tape of Tina's appearance on a St. Louis TV dance show in the very early days, when she was still with Ike, being abused. A heck of a performer way back then, and throughout her career.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2023, 07:41:29 pm »
Simply the best

Tina Turner dead: Queen of rock ‘n’ roll was 83
Tina Turner, legendary queen of rock, dead

She was known for her catalog of hits including “Proud Mary,” “What’s Love Got to Do With It,” “The Best” and “Private Dancer.”

Tina Turner, known as the Queen of Rock ‘n Roll for her catalog of hits including “Proud Mary” and “Private Dancer,” has died.

She was 83.

The news was shared on Turner’s Instagram account on Wednesday.

“Verified It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner. With her music and her boundless passion for life, she enchanted millions of fans around the world and inspired the stars of tomorrow,” the statement read. “Today we say goodbye to a dear friend who leaves us all her greatest work: her music. All our heartfelt compassion goes out to her family.

“Tina, we will miss you dearly.”

https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/tina-turner-dead-queen-of-rock-n-roll-was-83/

VERY few could light up a crowd like Tina! May she rest in peace!

And BTW: Eat your heart out Ike!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online berdie

« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2023, 07:58:10 pm »
VERY few could light up a crowd like Tina! May she rest in peace!

And BTW: Eat your heart out Ike!

Daaang!!

I saw her in concert several years ago and she had so much energy and stage presence. Great concert.
I agree with you about Ike. I know he stayed in the music industry but his fame left when Tina did. I truly think if he died today most people would say...I thought he was dead. He maybe for all I know. :laugh:

RIP Tina...and thanks.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2023, 09:09:24 pm »
Rip Ms.Turner

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #492 on: May 24, 2023, 09:48:23 pm »
RIP Bold Soul Sister.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2023, 09:52:53 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2023, 10:17:50 pm »
Tina Turner dead at 83

"It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Tina Turner," the statement said. "With her music and her boundless passion for life, she enchanted millions of fans around the world and inspired the stars of tomorrow. Today we say goodbye to a dear friend who leaves us all her greatest work: her music. All our heartfelt compassion goes out to her family. Tina, we will miss you dearly."

@bigheadfred

This one hurts on a personal level. Tina had more fire and life in her than any other 3 people I can think of. She was special in this world.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #495 on: May 25, 2023, 12:21:10 pm »
Nicholas Gray, founder of beloved NYC hot dog chain Gray’s Papaya, dead at 86

By Alex Oliveira
May 24, 2023

Nicholas Gray — the founder of Gray’s Papaya, one of New York City’s most beloved and eccentric restaurant chains — died in a Manhattan hospital last Friday.

He was 86.

His death was brought on by complications from Alzheimer’s disease, according to The New York Times.

Gray opened his first restaurant peddling hot dogs and papaya drinks at remarkably reasonable prices in 1973, back when he was a Wall Street stockbroker still reeling from a recent divorce.

Born in Chile and educated in England and Canada, one day he was walking by Papaya King on 86th Street on the Upper East Side when he was struck by the jocular atmosphere and the evocative smells of the cooking dogs and sweet juice.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/nicholas-gray-founder-of-nyc-hot-dog-chain-grays-papaya-dead-at-86/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #496 on: May 25, 2023, 12:23:48 pm »
Nicholas Gray, founder of beloved NYC hot dog chain Gray’s Papaya, dead at 86

By Alex Oliveira
May 24, 2023

Nicholas Gray — the founder of Gray’s Papaya, one of New York City’s most beloved and eccentric restaurant chains — died in a Manhattan hospital last Friday.

He was 86.

His death was brought on by complications from Alzheimer’s disease, according to The New York Times.

Gray opened his first restaurant peddling hot dogs and papaya drinks at remarkably reasonable prices in 1973, back when he was a Wall Street stockbroker still reeling from a recent divorce.

Born in Chile and educated in England and Canada, one day he was walking by Papaya King on 86th Street on the Upper East Side when he was struck by the jocular atmosphere and the evocative smells of the cooking dogs and sweet juice.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/nicholas-gray-founder-of-nyc-hot-dog-chain-grays-papaya-dead-at-86/

Never had one but in a very old episode of Law and Order, Jerry Orbach and Chris Noth had a discussion where the best dogs were in town and agreed that Papaya dogs were better than Neddick’s

@Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #497 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:51 am »
Tina Turner dead at 83

RIP, Ms Turner. Loved your music, and even your portrayal of Aunty Entity in Beyond Thunderdome.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #498 on: May 26, 2023, 01:08:14 pm »
RIP, Ms Turner. Loved your music, and even your portrayal of Aunty Entity in Beyond Thunderdome.

@Smokin Joe

There can be no question about Tina being special in this world. If there was ever anyone who ended up doing EXACTLY what they were born to do,it was Tina. She was always great,but when she came out with "Proud Mary",she just blew the world away. If you haven't seen the video of her performing it,you have truly missed something you needed to see and hear.

And she didn't slow down after that one. It was almost like she was nuclear powered. How anyone could have THAT much energy and not explode has always been a mystery to me.

The entire world suffered a great loss when she died,despite the fact that she quit performing years ago. It was a great comfort to me to just know that she was still living,and it brought a smile to my face when I thought about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #499 on: May 26, 2023, 05:06:52 pm »
Tina Turner dead at 83

Kind of heartbroken hearing this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.