Author Topic: Obituaries for 2023  (Read 89870 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Obituaries for 2023
« Reply #950 on: November 19, 2023, 10:51:58 pm »
RIP Rosalyn a first lady who filled the role well in the traditional manner and always a kind decent person, it's sad but I expect Jimmy to rejoin his love very soon.

Online libertybele

« Reply #951 on: November 20, 2023, 01:14:34 am »
I knew an older couple that were both in their mid 90's and died 2 weeks of one another.  I guess once your spouse is gone, you lose the will to live.  Of course when @Wingnut is gone it will be party time for his spouse.  happy77

????  Ok then...I'll take that as joking around.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #952 on: November 20, 2023, 04:37:31 pm »
Rosalyn Carter has passed away.

Breaking

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/rosalynn-carter-former-first-lady-dies-rcna62862

I gave her a separate thread out of respect in Breaking News.
RIP
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #953 on: November 20, 2023, 04:42:12 pm »
RIP

I lived through and remember much about the Carter era.  He was a disaster of a POTUS, but at least you knew he wanted to have the nation's best interest at heat.  I will grant that, versus the current cast of clowns who are hell bent on destroying this country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #954 on: November 20, 2023, 05:18:24 pm »
I lived through and remember much about the Carter era.  He was a disaster of a POTUS, but at least you knew he wanted to have the nation's best interest at heat.  I will grant that, versus the current cast of clowns who are hell bent on destroying this country.

:yowsa: :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #955 on: November 20, 2023, 06:47:14 pm »
Jimmah may have been a disaster of a POTUS, but Rosalyn was the master of the FLOTUS.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 06:49:40 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #956 on: November 20, 2023, 09:21:44 pm »

@catfish1957

Providing,of course,that you think "We iz da wurld".

Jimmah was an asshat. Just because  he  MEANT well,doesn't mean he wasn't a disaster.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #957 on: November 20, 2023, 09:39:03 pm »
My problems with Jimmy involve mostly the disastrous economy and his post-presidency Carter Center support for Hamas and other Islamoterrorists. I just saw a video recounting how Mrs. Carter was very supportive of Jim Jones and the Peoples' Temple, not long before 900+ people died in Jonestown. Seems to me neither of the Carters was very discerning.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #958 on: November 20, 2023, 09:42:30 pm »
My problems with Jimmy involve mostly the disastrous economy and his post-presidency Carter Center support for Hamas and other Islamoterrorists. I just saw a video recounting how Mrs. Carter was very supportive of Jim Jones and the Peoples' Temple, not long before 900+ people died in Jonestown. Seems to me neither of the Carters was very discerning.

People have been using the word "Apartheid" to describe Israel.  Jimmah was the first person I ever recall sticking that label on Israel in order to compare them to South Africa.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #959 on: November 21, 2023, 02:59:18 am »
Carlton Pearson, influential Oklahoma megachurch founder who rejected hell, dies at age 70

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The founder of a former megachurch in Oklahoma who was branded a heretic and lost one audience — but gained a new one — after he rejected the idea of hell and supported gay rights has died, his agent said Monday.

Bishop Carlton Pearson died Sunday night in hospice care in Tulsa due to cancer, said his agent, Will Bogle. Pearson was 70.

https://apnews.com/article/carlton-pearson-dies-pastor-universalism-god-b900d86fad8c2c2fd636975b51905465

@mountaineer  Did you see this?

I went to Higher D a couple of times with a friend ... back before Carlton Pearson went off the deep end.  I always enjoyed Jerome and his Sanctified Saxophone.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mountaineer

« Reply #960 on: November 21, 2023, 04:42:01 am »
Yes, I did, @Polly Ticks. He and I were at school the same era, you might say. He's older, though. The "deep end" is an understatement, as his Facebook page shows.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #961 on: November 21, 2023, 12:41:10 pm »
Carter is/was the case example of being a decent person but a lousy leader.

In contrast to the first three years of Trump, a passable leader but a horrible person.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #962 on: November 21, 2023, 12:57:29 pm »

In contrast to the first three years of Trump, a passable leader but a horrible person.

@jmyrlefuller

And,of course,SMART people ONLY vote for decent people,regardless of how out of touch with reality they  really are,right?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:58:31 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #963 on: November 21, 2023, 03:04:27 pm »

Think about it, we really haven't had a decent human in the white house in 4 decades.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #964 on: November 22, 2023, 03:47:05 am »
@mountaineer  Did you see this?

I went to Higher D a couple of times with a friend ... back before Carlton Pearson went off the deep end.  I always enjoyed Jerome and his Sanctified Saxophone.

@Polly Ticks

I attended his church in the early 90s. The P&W was outstanding. I'm sure the preaching was too, but it's the anointed P&W I remember. I hope he renounced his heretical doctrine before passing.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #965 on: November 22, 2023, 09:28:37 pm »
@Polly Ticks

I attended his church in the early 90s. The P&W was outstanding. I'm sure the preaching was too, but it's the anointed P&W I remember. I hope he renounced his heretical doctrine before passing.

I guess I just missed you, @AllThatJazzZ .  I was at school in Tulsa in the late 1980's.  I was probably a sophomore the last time I visited Higher D.

I hope he did, too. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #966 on: November 26, 2023, 01:59:42 pm »
Marty Krofft, Colorful Producer of ‘H.R. Pufnstuf,’ ‘Land of the Lost,’ Dies at 86

Marty Krofft, who with his brother Sid produced memorable kids shows “H.R. Pufnstuf” and “Land of the Lost” — as well as the 2009 feature based on the latter — has died. He was 86.

Krofft died of kidney failure Saturday in Los Angeles, Calif., a family representative told Variety.

Often referred to as the King of Saturday Mornings, Krofft and his brother also produced a number of primetime variety shows, including “Donny and Marie” and “Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters.”

Sid and Marty Krofft began their careers producing children’s television with “H.R. Pufnstuf,” a live-action program about a boy (played by British actor Jack Wild) in a fantastic land with a dragon for a friend (H.R. Pufnstuf, voiced by Lennie Weinrib) and a witch — Witchiepoo, played by Billie Hayes — for an enemy; as conceptualized, the show followed the interactions between human actors; actors in colorful, oversized costumes; and life-size puppets with enormous heads.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/marty-krofft-dead-h-r-pufnstuf-1235808822/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #967 on: November 26, 2023, 02:00:38 pm »
Mr. Kroft, between you and your brother , and Hanna and Barbera, you made my Saturday mornings as a child.

Rest in Peace, Sir, and thank you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #968 on: November 26, 2023, 02:22:57 pm »
Me also...  I can still sing the songs...lol.

Me Too! HR Puffenstuff, he's a friend when things get rough.....

@Jack Russell

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #969 on: November 26, 2023, 05:41:13 pm »
Marty Krofft, Colorful Producer of ‘H.R. Pufnstuf,’ ‘Land of the Lost,’ Dies at 86

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/marty-krofft-dead-h-r-pufnstuf-1235808822/

I never knew H.R. Pufnstuf was supposed to be a dragon. Oh well, I never watched that show much as a kid, although I did watch some of their other Saturday morning shows, and I loved watching Land of the Lost.
Let it burn.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #970 on: November 28, 2023, 11:10:19 pm »
Wow, Munger has died at 99.  Great investor, and recognizer of what I call stealthy eco-trends.....  RIP.

Many, including the Sage himself have said Berkshire would be nothing without him.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/nov/28/charlie-munger-dead-berkshire-hathaway

Online mountaineer

« Reply #971 on: November 28, 2023, 11:23:31 pm »
@Polly Ticks - good article about Carlton Pearson at World magazine.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #972 on: November 29, 2023, 01:54:29 am »
Jean Knight dies at 80

Though the New Orleans singer was best-known for her hit "Mr. Big Stuff," an advertising staple, she also recorded a memorable version of the zydeco classic "Toot Toot."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna126972

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f4CyQto-0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMsktRL6ZLM
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #973 on: November 29, 2023, 02:37:14 am »
Aw, I loved "Mr. Big Stuff" as a kid.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #974 on: November 29, 2023, 03:45:52 am »
@Polly Ticks - good article about Carlton Pearson at World magazine.

A very good article, yes.  Thank you, @mountaineer