General Category > General Discussion

Obituaries for 2023

<< < (105/209) > >>

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on June 02, 2023, 06:20:28 pm ---‘You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling’ legend dead: Cynthia Weil was 82

By Ben Cost
June 2, 2023

Fans haven’t lost that lovin’ feeling for her.

Legendary songwriter Cynthia Weil, the muse behind “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling” and countless other hits, passed away Thursday evening at 82.

Weil’s daughter Dr. Jenn Mann confirmed the icon’s death in a statement to TMZ.

“My mother, Cynthia Weil, was the greatest mother, grandmother and wife our family could ever ask for,” she wrote. “She was my best friend, confidant and my partner in crime and an idol and trailblazer for women in music.”

As of yet, the cause of death has yet to be revealed.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/youve-lost-that-lovin-feeling-legend-dead-cynthia-weil-was-82/

--- End quote ---

@Kamaji

How is it even possible for someone with a "gift" THAT huge and go unnoticed?

I have spent the majority of my life thinking "The Righteous Brothers" wrote that song. There can be NO doubt it sure helped make them famous.

Kamaji:
Roger Craig, Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher and original Met, dead at 93

By Joseph Staszewski
June 5, 2023

Roger Craig, who had the distinction of winning the last game in Brooklyn Dodgers history and the first game in Mets history and who was also a longtime major league manager, died Sunday.

He was 93.

The Giants, whom Craig managed for eight seasons, announced his passing.

“We have lost a legendary member of our Giants family.” Larry Baer, Giants president and chief executive officer, said in a statement. “Roger was beloved by players, coaches, front office staff and fans. He was a father figure to many and his optimism and wisdom resulted in some of the most memorable seasons in our history.”

Craig, played 12 seasons in the majors from 1955-66, posting a 74-98 record and 3.83 ERA in 186 starts and 368 career appearances for the Dodgers, Mets, Cardinals, Reds and Phillies.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/05/roger-craig-dodgers-pitcher-and-original-met-dead-at-93/

mountaineer:
Robert Hanssen, FBI Agent Who Spied for Russia, Found Dead in Prison
Monday, 05 June 2023 04:20 PM EDT

Robert Hanssen, the former FBI agent turned spy whom the bureau describes as the most damaging in its history, was found dead in his prison cell on Monday, U.S. authorities said.

Hanssen, 79, was sentenced in 2002 to life in prison after pleading guilty to spying for the Soviet Union and later Russia for over 20 years.

Prison staff initiated life-saving measures after finding Hanssen unresponsive on Monday morning but were not successful, the Bureau of Prisons said in a statement. It did not provide a cause of death. ... Newsmax

Kamaji:
Meh.  Good riddance.

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on June 05, 2023, 08:47:21 pm ---Robert Hanssen, FBI Agent Who Spied for Russia, Found Dead in Prison
Monday, 05 June 2023 04:20 PM EDT

Robert Hanssen, the former FBI agent turned spy whom the bureau describes as the most damaging in its history, was found dead in his prison cell on Monday, U.S. authorities said.

Hanssen, 79, was sentenced in 2002 to life in prison after pleading guilty to spying for the Soviet Union and later Russia for over 20 years.

Prison staff initiated life-saving measures after finding Hanssen unresponsive on Monday morning but were not successful, the Bureau of Prisons said in a statement. It did not provide a cause of death. ... Newsmax

--- End quote ---

@mountaineer

Damn shame he didn't live to be 120 so  he could suffer more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version