General Category > General Discussion

Obituaries for 2023

<< < (104/209) > >>

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 30, 2023, 02:28:22 am ---Ed took an axe to the balls on the JC show right?

--- End quote ---
Ed through an axe, as his Mingo character would at a man shaped target and the axe struck right at the crotch on live TV...hilarity ensued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5QC9ZJkM8

Kamaji:
‘You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling’ legend dead: Cynthia Weil was 82

By Ben Cost
June 2, 2023

Fans haven’t lost that lovin’ feeling for her.

Legendary songwriter Cynthia Weil, the muse behind “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling” and countless other hits, passed away Thursday evening at 82.

Weil’s daughter Dr. Jenn Mann confirmed the icon’s death in a statement to TMZ.

“My mother, Cynthia Weil, was the greatest mother, grandmother and wife our family could ever ask for,” she wrote. “She was my best friend, confidant and my partner in crime and an idol and trailblazer for women in music.”

As of yet, the cause of death has yet to be revealed.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/youve-lost-that-lovin-feeling-legend-dead-cynthia-weil-was-82/

jmyrlefuller:
She and Barry Mann managed to stay married for over 60 years. I mean, it's not the most surprising thing in the world (I mean, the Brill Building had its fair share of long marriages, at least among the straight people who worked there) but still, for the entertainment industry, that's impressive.

libertybele:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=95ueS5PqVXA

bigheadfred:
I admit I didn't who Cynthia is. I went to Wikipedia to find out more. Here is a fun fact.

"You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" co-written with Phil Spector[4] – The Righteous Brothers; later numerous other artists including Dionne Warwick, Hall & Oates, and a Roberta Flack-Donny Hathaway duet. As of 2010, the Righteous Brothers' rendition was radio's most-played song of all time, with 14 million airplays to date.[4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version