Author Topic: Failing F-35 fighter grounded once again  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Failing F-35 fighter grounded once again
« on: January 06, 2023, 03:12:16 pm »
  Failing F-35 fighter grounded once again
A faulty engine caused the $1.7 trillion boondoggle fighter to crash during a December quality check.

JANUARY 4, 2023
Written by
Blaise Malley

Defense News reported on Wednesday that defense contractor Pratt & Whitney is suspending its deliveries of new F-35 engines, following a setback on a Texas runway last month. Video from the December 15 incident shows a Lockheed F-35B Lightning II crashing during a quality check and the pilot ejecting.

Last Friday, in the aftermath of the incident, Defense News first reported that Lockheed Martin had “announced it halted acceptance flights and deliveries of new F-35 Joint Strike Fighters” due to the ongoing investigation. As a result, Lockheed Martin delivered seven fewer aircraft than the 148 that they were contracted to deliver in 2022. According to that report, “A source familiar with the program told Defense News the investigation into the Dec. 15 mishap found that a tube used to transfer high-pressure fuel in the fighter’s F135 engine, made by Pratt & Whitney, had failed.”

Pratt & Whitney, which is a subsidiary of Raytheon, and earlier in December received a $115 million contract from the Department of Defense for an F135 engine enhancement program, told Defense News that they would not comment since an investigation into the crash was ongoing.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2023/01/04/failing-f-35-grounded-once-again/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Failing F-35 fighter grounded once again
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 03:16:40 pm »
And our knowledgeable military leaders are going to spend a few billion dollars on a new rader system on this sometimes-flying plane? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Failing F-35 fighter grounded once again
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 05:17:46 pm »
P&W garbage...again.

They were responsible for the other F35B crash a few years back.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.