Author Topic: You Wicked Planet Wrecking Coffee Drinker – Think of the Climate Impact!  (Read 338 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

ALARMISM
You Wicked Planet Wrecking Coffee Drinker – Think of the Climate Impact!
3 hours ago Eric Worrall 31 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

The Green Ministry of Fun at the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi has scolded coffee drinkers for ignoring the climate impact of their beverage.

Here’s how your cup of coffee contributes to climate change

Published: January 6, 2023 8.04am AEDT

Luciano Rodrigues Viana Doctorant en sciences de l’environnement, Département des sciences fondamentales, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC)
Charles Marty Adjunct professor, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC)
Jean-François Boucher Professeur, Eco-consulting, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC)
Pierre-Luc Dessureault Assistant researcher, Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC)
Global coffee consumption has been increasing steadily for almost 30 years. With a daily average consumption of 2.7 cups of coffee per person, coffee is now Canada’s most popular drink. It is estimated that around two billion cups of coffee are consumed daily worldwide.

This demand has led to considerable diversification in the ways of preparing coffee as well, including the creation of coffee capsules. The popularity of these capsules has divided the public opinion because this method of preparation, which uses single-use individual packaging, is harmful to the environment.

The life cycle of coffee

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/06/you-wicked-coffee-drinker-think-of-the-climate-impact/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Online andy58-in-nh

Academia has always been the home of the perpetually aggrieved and otherwise nonproductive.

But now they are dominated by insufferable scolds who appear committed to wringing every last ounce of joy out of life.

Now at one time, I would have been loathe to consider the reintroduction of public stockades and flogging with which to humiliate polite society's offenders.

I find myself now reconsidering.

Don't mess with my coffee.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't come after my K-Cups.  Touch em and you'll come back with a stub.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Academia has always been the home of the perpetually aggrieved and otherwise nonproductive.

But now they are dominated by insufferable scolds who appear committed to wringing every last ounce of joy out of life.

Now at one time, I would have been loathe to consider the reintroduction of public stockades and flogging with which to humiliate polite society's offenders.

I find myself now reconsidering.

Don't mess with my coffee.
Let these people get a real job, where they labor and sweat and get dirty.

Then they will shut up about coffee and just be thankful.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis