Author Topic: At least 1 killed as powerful bomb cyclone slams into California with hurricane-force winds and heav  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
At least 1 killed as powerful bomb cyclone slams into California with hurricane-force winds and heavy rain
Story by Nouran Salahieh • 2h ago
2 Comments

A powerful bomb cyclone slammed into the California coast Wednesday night, lashing the state with heavy downpours and hurricane-force winds as the storm advanced onshore, knocking over trees and killing a child.

CALIFORNIA COAST TONIGHT.

Reporter describes scene as 'bomb cyclone' moves in San Francisco

The low-pressure storm system moved in from the Pacific, bringing damaging winds, excessive rainfall and extremely heavy snow over much of California and into southern Oregon through Thursday.

In central California, wind gusts had already reached hurricane force by Wednesday evening as the storm’s heaviest rain and strongest winds slammed into the Bay Area.

Winds gusts topped 130 mph at Hopper Canyon and Alpine Meadows, and 119 mph in Kirkwood Meadows. Elsewhere in Grapevine Peak, Pulga and Nicasio Hills, wind gusts exceeded 100 mph. And in Oregon’s Squaw Peak, wind gusts reached 106 mph.

More than 40 million people were under wind alerts Thursday morning.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/at-least-1-killed-as-powerful-bomb-cyclone-slams-into-california-with-hurricane-force-winds-and-heavy-rain/ar-AA15Zwv6
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson