Author Topic: The U.N.’s “30-by-30” plan would undermine true conservation efforts  (Read 119 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.N.’s “30-by-30” plan would undermine true conservation efforts
By Gabriella Hoffman |January 4th, 2023|Environment|2 Comments

The 15th annual United Nations Biodiversity Conference (COP15) in Montreal produced a far-reaching, “historic” Global Biodiversity Framework to conserve 30% of lands and 30% of waters by 2030.

With negotiations led by China, over 190 countries signed on to this bold yet nonbinding agreement. Strangely, the U.S. wasn’t involved in talks — despite the Biden administration’s touting of its own “America the Beautiful” initiative.

One has to believe, however, that President Biden’s administrative personnel are supportive.

While the Kunming-Montreal agreement is noteworthy — namely, in protecting biodiversity — its method of achieving its objective is not. It replaces private stewardship and property rights with a “whole of society” and “whole of government” approach that’s largely ineffective in protecting nature.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/01/04/the-u-n-s-30-by-30-plan-would-undermine-true-conservation-efforts/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-u-n-s-30-by-30-plan-would-undermine-true-conservation-efforts&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-u-n-s-30-by-30-plan-would-undermine-true-conservation-efforts
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson