Author Topic: Damar Hamlin’s ‘heart attack’  (Read 2952 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Damar Hamlin’s ‘heart attack’
« on: January 04, 2023, 03:16:58 pm »
January 3, 2023
Damar Hamlin’s ‘heart attack’
By John Dale Dunn, M.D.

The collapse of Damar Hamlin, Buffalo Bills Safety, after a tackle, has been described as a “heart attack,” but the reader should be warned that medical events are sometimes not described properly.

What everybody who was watching the game witnessed on Monday was Mr. Hamlin taking what looked like an ordinary hit to the chest. He and the other player both hit the ground, they both stood up, and then Hamlin collapsed in an instant. He received at least nine minutes of CPR on the field before an ambulance arrived to take him to the hospital, where he is still in critical condition.

Mr. Hamlin’s collapse was not caused by what most people think of as a “heart attack,” which is an interruption of blood supply to the heart muscle, usually because of blockage of one of the three major blood vessels of the heart.

In this case, the event was what is called commotio cordis, which is an abnormal life-threatening heart rhythm brought on by a blow to the front of the chest. The heartbeat disruption is ventricular (lower part of the heart muscle) fibrillation (rapid electrical activity) that produces a rapid discoordinated beating that doesn’t pump enough blood to the brain, at which point the person collapses.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/01/damar_hamlins_heart_attack.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Damar Hamlin’s ‘heart attack’
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 03:30:10 pm »
A post to this article at the link claims Hamlin got a booster jab in late December of 2022...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 03:46:39 pm »
This has happened to hockey players who've taken a slapshot to the chest.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 04:03:49 pm »
I remember watching the Lions some 45-50 years ago as they played the Bears.  A Lion crumpled on the field and Dick Butkus was the first to see it was serious trouble and alerted medical staff.  At the time ambulances couldn't go on the field and as they ran the gurney off the field, you could see he was already gone by the way his arm flopped around hanging off the gurney.  When he as off the field, they continued to play.  How times have changed.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 04:16:16 pm »
This may be relevant - or not. But I found it interesting.
Sudden cardiac death risk in contact sports increased by myocarditis: a case series
Grégoire Massoullié, Baptiste Boyer, Vincent Sapin, Frédéric Jean, Marius Andronache, Michel Peoc’h, Guillaume Clerfond, Romain Eschalier
European Heart Journal - Case Reports, Volume 5, Issue 3, March 2021, ytab054, https://doi.org/10.1093/ehjcr/ytab054
Published: 01 March 2021

Background

Myocarditis is a known cause of sudden cardiac death of the athlete. The impact of direct chest trauma in at-risk sports or activities in patients with a history of myocarditis has never been demonstrated or studied. We report herein two cases of life-threatening ventricular arrhythmia secondary to non-penetrating blunt chest trauma while playing contact sports. ...
source

The research shows that commotio cordis - an interruption in the heart’s electrical rhythm caused by sudden impact to the chest wall - almost always affects boys, not adults. It also almost always involves a hard item like a baseball or a puck hitting the chest. Damar is a well-built, muscular 24 year old. If, as many speculate, this was commotio cordis, it seems to have been a freak and very unusual incidence caused not by a puck or baseball but by a wide receiver's shoulder running into the defender's chest.

The European researchers concluded that the aftereffects of myocarditis raise “the risk of lethal ventricular arrhythmias following blunt chest trauma.” In other words, the atypical victim - an adult hit with something other than a hard object right in the chest may be more at risk of being a victim if he has a preexisting case of myocarditis.

I am not saying Damar had myocarditis, nor am I saying the vaccine caused him to have a cause of myocarditis. For all we know, he had an undiagnosed congenital heart issue. Bottom line is that we don't know. I hope we find out some day. I also earnestly hope this young man recovers.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 04:30:29 pm »
A post to this article at the link claims Hamlin got a booster jab in late December of 2022...
I believe 95% or so of NFL players were jabbed, as required.  **nononono*
The most likely scenario is that Damar Hamlin was brain dead on the field
Based on talking to a number of medical experts, the very sad news is that it is likely that Damar Hamlin died on the field. The COVID vaccine should be investigated as contributing to his death.
Steve Kirsch
19 hr ago

There is a lot of speculation on the Internet about whether or not Damar Hamlin will recover from his injury.

I am very sad to report that this is unlikely.

While I very much hope that I am wrong about this, the evidence that is known is not favorable.

The medical experts I consulted believe that there is a high likelihood that Damar Hamlin was brain dead within 10 minutes after he dropped to the ground.

The primary reason for this conclusion is the 9 minutes of CPR. It is simply very rare for someone not to be brain dead at that point. Nobody I talked to has ever heard of such a case. That doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. It just means it is rare.

I pray that this is not the case, but I think we need to prepare for that possibility. ...

Is it immoral to talk about the possibility that the COVID vaccine may be involved?

Some would argue it is immoral and that I am a bad person for wanting to have a potential killer brought to justice. I don’t understand why people are angry with me for pointing out the evidence in plain sight and what it means. If you have anger, please direct it at the culprits, and not people who are trying to expose the culprits.

Others would argue it is the right thing to do.

However, if you believe it is immoral, please stop reading this article right now. ...
rest of article

The writer also mentions that Damar recently received a booster vax.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 09:00:51 pm »
Kelly Victory MD
@DrKellyVictory
I’m fascinated that the same people railing that “Damar Hamlin’s vaccine status is nobody’s business!!” were ADAMANT the we all share OUR vaccine statuses with every bar and restaurant owner, concert venue and airline for two years. #FactsNotFear #RightSideofHistory
12:30 PM · Jan 4, 2023

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 09:10:28 pm »
Here's the narrative, I guess:
'Bad luck and bad timing': Cardiologist explains Damar Hamlin's cardiac arrest
by ROBERT BURTON | WJLA StaffWednesday, January 4th 2023

WASHINGTON (WJLA) — Buffalo Bills player Damar Hamlin collapsed on the field after he suffered cardiac arrest Monday night. ...

WJLA spoke with Dr. Michael Flanagan of Inova Sports Cardiology in Virginia, who says there’s really no way Hamlin could’ve avoided it other than not playing.

This was just a very unlucky situation.
    There are certain medical conditions that lead people to be more prone to cardiac arrest," Flanagan said. "I don’t believe this is one of them. It’s just incredibly bad luck and bad timing. The condition’s been described in all sorts of sports from lacrosse players to hockey players to mixed martial arts activities. Really, again, just a blow to the chest at the exact wrong time in the cardiac cycle, the normal beating of the heart can lead to disastrous results.”
Flanagan also has a 12-year-old daughter who plays soccer. He says there will always be those risks when you or your loved ones are playing sports–but he doesn’t want people to live in fear. ...
link

*****rollingeyes*****

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 09:16:03 pm »
Kelly Victory MD
@DrKellyVictory
I’m fascinated that the same people railing that “Damar Hamlin’s vaccine status is nobody’s business!!” were ADAMANT the we all share OUR vaccine statuses with every bar and restaurant owner, concert venue and airline for two years. #FactsNotFear #RightSideofHistory
12:30 PM · Jan 4, 2023
They wanted vaccine passports for everyone, to be able to buy goods, to conduct banking, to travel, even to be able to leave your house. Now they say it is nobody's business. This non-answer is an answer in itself.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 11:09:30 pm »
Let's just say that 'mistakes were made, on both sides'.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 11:49:13 pm »
Let's just say that 'mistakes were made, on both sides'.
None bigger than exploiting a man's near-death from a blunt force trauma to the chest, which everyone saw on national TV, to promote the agenda of nostrum- and supplement-hawking anti-vaxxers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2023, 11:54:34 pm »
I remember watching the Lions some 45-50 years ago as they played the Bears.  A Lion crumpled on the field and Dick Butkus was the first to see it was serious trouble and alerted medical staff.  At the time ambulances couldn't go on the field and as they ran the gurney off the field, you could see he was already gone by the way his arm flopped around hanging off the gurney.  When he as off the field, they continued to play.  How times have changed.
NFL’s Chuck Hughes Died After Collapsing On The Field. His Widow Reacts To Damar Hamlin’s Collapse.
By  Hank Berrien
Jan 4, 2023 

The widow of the only NFL player to collapse on the field before dying reacted to the terrifying scene in which Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest on Monday night in the Bills’ game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sharon Hughes’ husband Chuck, a wide receiver for the Detroit Lions, died on October 24, 1971, late in the fourth quarter of the Lions’ game against the Chicago Bears. Sharon Hughes was watching Monday night’s game from her Texas home when she saw Hamlin collapse on the field. ...

The game continued after Hughes was transported away. It was later discovered that he suffered from undiagnosed and advanced arteriosclerosis and that he died of a coronary thrombosis.  ... More at Daily Wire

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 12:25:04 am »
“Before COVID-19 vaccines, the average number of cardiac arrests in all of the European soccer football leagues, which is way more players than the NFL, the average number of cardiac arrests was 29 per year. That’s before the vaccines. The vaccines are ushered in in 2021, and since that time, the tally now for cardiac arrests on the field with professional sports players in Europe — 1,598! 1,101 of them have been fatal cases. Two-thirds cannot be resuscitated. So Damar Hamlin was very fortunate he was in the third that was successfully resuscitated and survived thus far.”
More

Online DB

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2023, 12:45:27 am »
None bigger than exploiting a man's near-death from a blunt force trauma to the chest, which everyone saw on national TV, to promote the agenda of nostrum- and supplement-hawking anti-vaxxers.

Except for that blunt trauma is usually a sharp blow from a baseball or hockey stick, not the shoulder of someone else which is padded.

And regarding exploitation, who's exploiting who???

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2023, 02:56:34 am »
NFL’s Chuck Hughes Died After Collapsing On The Field. His Widow Reacts To Damar Hamlin’s Collapse.
By  Hank Berrien
Jan 4, 2023

The widow of the only NFL player to collapse on the field before dying reacted to the terrifying scene in which Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin went into cardiac arrest on Monday night in the Bills’ game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sharon Hughes’ husband Chuck, a wide receiver for the Detroit Lions, died on October 24, 1971, late in the fourth quarter of the Lions’ game against the Chicago Bears. Sharon Hughes was watching Monday night’s game from her Texas home when she saw Hamlin collapse on the field. ...

The game continued after Hughes was transported away. It was later discovered that he suffered from undiagnosed and advanced arteriosclerosis and that he died of a coronary thrombosis.  ... More at Daily Wire

Finding myself in the anti-'vaccine' camp, even though I complied getting 2 shots, plus 1 booster.

Experienced upsetting rhythmic chest pains for a month after the 'booster'.

...first thing my primary doctor asked me upon my annual physical..."Would you want to do the Covid booster today...you're due."

Just read that Doctors' mistakes are the 3rd cause of death...after cancer and heart disease. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2023, 03:01:35 am »
You can be sure that even in the event of Hamlin's death, they won't publicly sway from the current diagnosis...which was over a TV screen, btw.

/s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 03:58:23 am »

No one is doing that.

But I do wonder how the pro-vaxxers will try to explain away the next NFL player to collapse on the field after an otherwise ordinary play?
Let it burn.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2023, 12:58:15 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

So your point is, anyone who asks if he was vaccinated is automatically an anti-vaxxer?
That is a weird way to think. That is twisted logic.

But yes, to your evidence, I'm sure he is the only guy in the NFL who has ever received 'blunt force trauma' to the chest. So, that must be it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2023, 01:08:49 pm »
Not taking sides either way in the Vax debate, but in the realm of football blows, that just wasn't that awfully hard of a hit.  There's usually at least 10 if not more in any NFL game of that magnitude.  And at least a few that are in that area of the chest.

Away from the play, you see it on an FS-TE/WR bump all the time.

I am just wondering if the Bill's  medical staff may have missed a pre-existing cardiac condition.  My best to the kid for a recovery,  and I applaud his Christmas Toys for his community effort
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 01:11:23 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2023, 01:11:19 pm »
  My best to the kid for a recovery,  and I applaud his Christmas Toys for his community effort

It seems like he’s one of the good guys. I am praying for his recovery.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2023, 01:21:05 pm »
... to promote the agenda of nostrum- and supplement-hawking anti-vaxxers.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 01:22:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2023, 01:28:07 pm »
It seems like he’s one of the good guys. I am praying for his recovery.
Yes, he does seem to be a good kid. He's from Pittsburgh (one of the rougher suburbs), played his college ball at Pitt, and has close ties to his community. The whole region certainly is pulling for him.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2023, 03:58:52 pm »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2023, 04:01:29 pm »
Some unexpected good news!

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1611021908849352704

After 9 minutes of CPR/defibrillation?  Not only is that good news, that is pretty amazing news.  I don't know the survival rate for that length of time, much less recovery, but it seems he has beat the odds.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2023, 04:05:28 pm »
After 9 minutes of CPR/defibrillation?  Not only is that good news, that is pretty amazing news.  I don't know the survival rate for that length of time, much less recovery, but it seems he has beat the odds.
Indeed. I hope this good report is true.