Author Topic: Joe Biden Renominates Eric Garcetti as U.S. Ambassador to India  (Read 256 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Renominates Eric Garcetti as U.S. Ambassador to India
« on: January 04, 2023, 02:18:58 am »
Joe Biden Renominates Eric Garcetti as U.S. Ambassador to India

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 3 Jan 2023

President Joe Biden renominated former Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti to be the U.S. Ambassador to India on the first day of the 118th Congress after his previous nomination died out in the last Congress amid allegations that Garcetti knew about one of his top aide’s alleged sexual harassment.

“We’re hopeful that the Senate will confirm him promptly,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters Tuesday, adding that Garcetti is “well-qualified” for the “vital role.”

“I am grateful for the president’s confidence, and strong support on both sides of the aisle in the Senate,” Garcetti said. “I look forward to completing this process, so that I can begin serving in India and advancing this critical partnership as quickly as possible.”

Along with Garcetti, Biden’s White House also resubmitted nominations for roughly 60 other key positions, the LA Times reported.

Some of the resubmitted nominations include former Metro CEO Phil Washington to serve as head of the Federal Aviation Administration and Daniel Werfel to lead the Internal Revenue Service.

Biden initially nominated Garcetti to serve as U.S. Ambassador to India on July 9, 2021. However, Iowa Sens. Joni Ernst (R) and Chuck Grassley (R) stalled his nomination, expressing concerns over sexual harassment allegations made against Garcetti’s former top aide, Rick Jacobs.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/03/joe-biden-renominates-eric-garcetti-as-u-s-ambassador-to-india/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Joe Biden Renominates Eric Garcetti as U.S. Ambassador to India
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 04:29:45 am »
I say give it to the SOB and hope he contracts a horrible disease in India........he deserves it.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Joe Biden Renominates Eric Garcetti as U.S. Ambassador to India
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 01:32:07 pm »
Please tell me being sent to India isn't supposed to be some sort of reward.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org