Author Topic: Shellenberger: No, Humans Are NOT Causing A ‘Sixth Mass Extinction’  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY MICHAEL SHELLENBERGER ON JAN 3, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Shellenberger: No, Humans Are NOT Causing A ‘Sixth Mass Extinction’

60 minutes mass extinctionOn CBS “60 Minutes” last night, scientists claimed that humans are causing a “sixth mass extinction” and that we would need the equivalent of five planet Earths for all humans to live at current Western levels.

“No, humanity is not sustainable to maintain our lifestyle — yours and mine,” claimed Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich. “Basically, for the entire planet, you’d need five more Earths. It’s not clear where they’re gonna come from.” [emphasis, links added]

Both claims are wrong and have been repeatedly debunked in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.

The assertion that “five more Earths” are needed to sustain humanity comes from something called the Ecological Footprint calculation.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/shellenberger-no-humans-are-not-causing-a-sixth-mass-extinction/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2023, 01:59:55 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson