Author Topic: CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater  (Read 810 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater
« on: January 02, 2023, 07:54:21 pm »
CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater

Mask mandates have always been more about showing compliance than keeping people safe, and the CDC’s latest embarrassing disclosure further proves it.
Elle Purnell

For two years now, to walk into a grocery store barefaced has been to risk soliciting dirty stares, at least in some parts of the country. But walk in with your face covered by a thin piece of fabric, preferably with some vaguely woke slogan, that you got overpriced on Etsy? You’re golden.

Masks have been obvious political theater from the start, back when Anthony Fauci et al. promised we didn’t need them and then flip-flopped and promised we did. But when sensible observers tried to point that out, the Big Tech-media cabal gleefully slapped them with “fact” “checks.”

When The Federalist ran the headline “Many Studies Find That Cloth Masks Do Not Stop Viruses Like COVID” in November 2020, Lead Stories attempted to “fact-check” the piece, slapping a red “masks work” label over a screenshot of the original article.

The “fact-check” even cited data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about the effectiveness of masks against COVID-19, where the CDC insisted, “Cloth masks not only effectively block most large droplets (i.e., 20-30 microns and larger), but they can also block the exhalation of fine droplets and particles,” and “cloth mask materials can also reduce wearers’ exposure to infectious droplets through filtration.”

Yet the same CDC quietly admitted on Friday that the thin cloth masks the agency and its corporate media allies spent the last two years cheering actually “provide the least protection” against COVID-19. It was “the first time the C.D.C. has explicitly addressed” the relative ineffectiveness of cloth masks, according to The New York Times.

The agency’s concession comes on the heels of admissions from people like CNN’s Leana Wen that “cloth masks are not appropriate for this pandemic.”

This latest reversal in a long line of trust-eroding flip-flops means a victory lap is well deserved by people like Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul, who was censored by Google-owned YouTube for suggesting that cloth masks don’t work and N95s do. It’s also deserved by everyone who refused to hang a piece of useless fabric from their ears at every restaurant, store, and airport for the sole purpose of fitting into the popular political narrative...

-- excerpt, rest at link above --
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Re: CDC Finally Admits Cloth Masks Were Always Political Theater
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 07:57:36 pm »
Now that we're supposedly seeing more flu and "RSV" cases, they're back to telling us to wear masks - even though for the last several decades of seasonal flu not a peep was said about face diapers.

It just never ends.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 07:59:56 pm »
Are Face Masks Effective? The Evidence.

In September 2019, shortly before the coronavirus pandemic, the World Health Organization (WHO) published a comprehensive report on “Non-pharmaceutical public health measures for mitigating the risk and impact of epidemic and pandemic influenza”.

The report reviewed ten randomized controlled trials concerning the effectiveness of face masks against influenza-like illness (ILI). As the following table shows, none of the trials found a statistically significant benefit of face masks...

-- excerpt, rest at link above --

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 08:18:12 pm »
N95 masks do not work in any real world studies either regarding the spreading of respiratory viruses.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 08:28:58 pm »
N95 masks do not work in any real world studies either regarding the spreading of respiratory viruses.

It says so right on the packaging IIRC.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 08:29:32 pm »

... As it says right on the dang box...  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 07:31:43 am »
It says so right on the packaging IIRC.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 12:43:17 pm »
Most of us early on knew that this was nothing but a test baloon by the Feds testing the waters of how easy it would be to control their gullible population.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 08:57:30 am »
What the CDC did not admit, is that masks were a HUGE moneymaker, and an incredible number of them were made in.....

wait for it....

CHINA!

Had they been effective as a filter, then the margins of parking lots, ditches, etc. would have been Superfund biohazard sites because so many of those blue masks were out there blowing around.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:59:18 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 04:03:15 pm »
Make it stop!
White House Not Clear on Why Biden Was Wearing a Mask on Marine One
 By Savannah Rychcik 
January 4, 2023 at 2:24pm

The White House could not provide a clear answer to the question of why President Joe Biden was wearing a mask while on Marine One.

Rich Sementa, executive producer of “The Mark Levin Show,” shared audio of a question asked by a reporter about the matter.

“Can you tell us why the president was wearing a mask when he stepped off Marine One?” a reporter asked White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre.

Jean-Pierre replied, “I don’t know. I did not notice that. We all wore our masks on Marine One.” ...
https://ijr.com/white-house-not-clear-biden-wearing-mask/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien