Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Will McCarthy be voted in as Majority Leader?

<< < (2/8) > >>

mystery-ak:
GOP Rep. Good: ‘Swamp Cartel’ Leader McCarthy Speaker Bid Will Be Blocked

Representative Bob Good (R-VA) said Monday on FNC’s “Fox & Friends” that “swamp cartel” leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) will not be Speaker of the House.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/02/gop-rep-good-swamp-cartel-leader-mccarthy-speaker-bid-will-be-blocked/

mystery-ak:
Gingrich: ‘Never McCarthy’ House Republicans Have a ‘Psychological Problem’

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said Monday on FNC’s “Fox & Friends” that Republican House members attempting to block Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) speaker bid have a “psychological problem.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/01/02/gingrich-never-mccarthy-house-republicans-have-a-psychological-problem/

Bigun:
McCarthy will be speaker and will be elected on the first vote even if he has to resort to Democrat votes to get there.

Cyber Liberty:
I think he'll eventually get to be speaker, but only if he does what "The Five" wants first.

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on January 02, 2023, 05:48:09 pm ---Gingrich: ‘Never McCarthy’ House Republicans Have a ‘Psychological Problem’

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich said Monday on FNC’s “Fox & Friends” that Republican House members attempting to block Rep. Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) speaker bid have a “psychological problem.”

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Gingrich said, “I think it’s a psychological problem. These guys can’t count straight. They can’t play tic-tac-toe. They can’t accept victory.”
--- End quote ---

I truly do not understand what they are doing.  They don't have an alternative candidate ----- nevermind a viable one.

They have won concessions in rule changes, including calling for a vote to remove the Speaker at any time when 5 members agree ----

They have put themselves in a position of owning McCarthy and the agenda -----by demonstrating they have the votes to stop anything.

"What the hell are they doing?" is a fair question.  And "Why are they making conservatives in the House the face of irrationality?" is another one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version