Author Topic: Extinction Rebellion announces move away from disruptive tactics  (Read 375 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Extinction Rebellion announces move away from disruptive tactics
Climate protest group says temporary shift will ‘prioritise relationships over roadblocks’

Sun 1 Jan 2023 08.19 EST
The climate protest group Extinction Rebellion is shifting tactics from disruptions such as smashing windows and glueing themselves to public places in 2023, it has announced.

A new year resolution to “prioritise attendance over arrest and relationships over roadblocks”, was spelled out in a 1 January statement titled “We quit”, which said “constantly evolving tactics is a necessary approach”.

The group admitted the move would be controversial. Other environmental protest groups, such as Just Stop Oil, have stepped up direct actions, notably throwing paint at art masterpieces.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/01/extinction-rebellion-announces-move-away-from-disruptive-tactics
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 12:46:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Extinction Rebellion announces move away from disruptive tactics
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 12:47:57 pm »
It's hard to teach elitist dogs new tactics.  They'll be back, IF they ever stop.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 12:48:18 pm »
I guess my suggestion of mass jumping off cliffs like lemmings didn't go over so well.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 12:29:59 am »
Maybe be locked into empty cold buildings or having their glued body parts ripped off of buildings and floors was finally  percolating through their tiny brains.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 03:55:33 am »
'Disruptive tactics' - is that what they're calling terrorism now?
The Republic is lost.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 01:37:23 pm »
'Disruptive tactics' - is that what they're calling terrorism now?

GOOD OBERSERVATION!!
Thomas Jefferson