Author Topic: 2023-The Year In Preview... Derek Hunter  (Read 206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
2023-The Year In Preview... Derek Hunter
« on: January 01, 2023, 03:46:54 pm »
2023-The Year In Preview

Derek Hunter
 |  Jan 01, 2023

Now that we’ve established the fact that 2022 sucked, it’s time to look forward to seeing what the new year might bring. What will happen in the next 12 months and how will that shape the future? It’s all guess work, of course, no one can know the future (as evidenced by how there aren’t any multiple mega-lottery winners) or time-travel (as evidenced by how there is no one with the lucky streak of a Biff Tannen from “Back to the Future 2”) but we can make semi-educated guessing based on experience. A lot of the present is just human beings having learned nothing from the past and, therefore, only slightly altering mistakes already made to suit the current situation. People, if not events, are wildly predictable. 

So how should the future be viewed? The answer depends heavily on how you choose to view the world. If you’re an optimist, well, I don’t know what that’s like. I imagine it involves being disappointed regularly, though so many of you still seem happy. I’m not sure how that works – how you can hope for the best, expect it even, not get it and still have the thought that tomorrow it could work out. I’m jealous, to a certain extent, of how optimists get up every morning ready to take on the world no matter how badly the world kicked their ass just the day before.

If that leads you to think I’m cynical, you are correct. When you expect the worst, you’re rarely disappointed and oftentimes pleasantly surprised. Another way to look at it is “There’s nowhere to go but up.” It is with that thought we look forward to 2023.

There’s nowhere to go but up. 

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/01/01/2023-the-year-in-preview-n2617755
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: 2023-The Year In Preview... Derek Hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 04:06:36 pm »
Personal credit card debt has increased from $600 per person a year ago to $5,600 per person today.  Not good.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 2023-The Year In Preview... Derek Hunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 11:15:07 pm »
My personal credit card debt is always "zero", whether the monthly bill is $40, $400, or $4,000.

Having said that, seems to me that I haven't seen that many articles claiming to "predict" what's coming in 2023. It's gotten so strange out there that few seem to be able to come up with anything...