Author Topic: Government by Gimmick Won't Last  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Government by Gimmick Won't Last
« on: January 01, 2023, 03:19:27 pm »
January 1, 2023
Government by Gimmick Won't Last
By J.B. Shurk

The system's too powerful!  You can't beat a "big brother" police State!  The globalists control all the money and have all the leverage!  I've heard every reason under the sun why individual liberty will continue to lose out to the rapidly advancing technocratic surveillance structure extinguishing Western freedoms today.  I say, "So what?"  The bigger they come, the harder they fall.

Our whole human story is a repeating pattern in which power accumulates, empires emerge, power corrupts, divisions grow, and empires come crashing down.  Anyone who thinks an international oligarchy of corporate behemoths, central banks, and Intelligence Community spy chiefs will succeed where the Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Carolingian, Byzantine, Ottoman, Yuan, Ming, and British empires all failed makes the mistake of giving today's power brokers more credit than they deserve.  International oligarchies commanding unbeatable militaries and hoarding unparalleled wealth are nothing new.  The "unbeatable" are always beaten.

When we are overwhelmed by those who choose to torment us, we tend to unfairly reward them with even more semantic power by referring to them as an ever-shifting, all-knowing, globular "they" that cannot be tamed, let alone specifically named.  Individual politicians, companies, institutions, and agencies end up looking so invincible that they are treated as omniscient gods.  Well, they are not divine; they are just ordinary men and women who have acquired tremendous wealth and power over others; and they exist at the top of society's artificially constructed hierarchical pyramid only so long as society chooses.  Their authority is neither fixed nor eternal; it disappears the moment enough ordinary people recognize the illusion of power as mere delusion.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/12/government_by_gimmick_wont_last.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Government by Gimmick Won't Last
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 11:22:35 pm »
I say, au contraire.

"Government by [financial] gimmicks" is hummin' right along.

Those who have the power to bring it to a halt by good governance, will not do so.
They will NEVER do so, until the time comes when they have no other choice BUT to do so.
Which could be "a ways" into the future, yet.

This is analogous to a train without brakes, rollin' downhill at high speed.
Nothing can stop it, except perhaps a curve that can't be handled at speed, or another train in front of it.

Conditions will continue "as they are" until something of great force STOPS their continuance.

When that happens, those who have the power WILL do something to "fix" things.
But I guarantee that the things they do ARE NOT going to be welcome.
By anyone.

EDIT:
I've posted this analogy several times before.
Interestingly, no one ever responds to it.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Government by Gimmick Won't Last
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 11:39:31 pm »
I say, au contraire.

"Government by [financial] gimmicks" is hummin' right along.

Yep.  Government has been running off freshly printed money for the last 14 years.  Weimar Republic, eat your heart out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-