Author Topic: U.S. Building Advanced Over-The-Horizon Radar On Palau  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Building Advanced Over-The-Horizon Radar On Palau
« on: January 01, 2023, 01:52:13 pm »
U.S. Building Advanced Over-The-Horizon Radar On Palau
The long-range radar could be critical for keeping an eye on Chinese activities and is another sign of growing U.S. vigilance in the Pacific.

BY
EMMA HELFRICH, TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED DEC 30, 2022 7:03 PM

SHAREEMMA HELFRICH

Progress is being made on the deployment of a new long-range over-the-horizon radar system for the U.S. Air Force that will be stationed on the Pacific island of Palau. The news comes as the Pentagon’s push to drastically beef up both its offensive and defensive capabilities in the Western Pacific gains steam.

Called the Tactical Mobile Over-the-Horizon Radar, or TACMOR, the sensor station will be installed on the increasingly strategic island of Palau to enhance air and maritime domain situational awareness for U.S. and allied forces in the region. The Department of Defense announced on Dec. 28 that it had awarded a $118.4 million contract to Gilbane Federal for the construction of reinforced concrete pads and foundations in support of the installation of TACMOR equipment on the island. The contracting activity for what’s being called the TACMOR infrastructure project is the Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command Pacific, and work is expected to be completed by June 2026.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/u-s-building-advanced-over-the-horizon-radar-on-palau
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 01:53:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson