Author Topic: Death toll: What were the biggest US causes of death in 2022  (Read 841 times)

Online corbe

Death toll: What were the biggest US causes of death in 2022
« on: December 31, 2022, 03:54:19 pm »
Death toll: What were the biggest US causes of death in 2022

by Abigail Adcox, Healthcare Reporter 
December 31, 2022 06:30 AM

Heart disease is on track to remain the leading cause of death in the United States this year, accounting for the largest number of deaths since 1950.

As of September, behind heart disease, cancer and COVID-19 were the second- and third-highest, respectively, underlying causes of deaths in the country, as the pandemic continued to take a toll, according to an analysis of the total death sum by the Peterson Center on Healthcare and the Kaiser Family Foundation published in November.

Over 570,000 people died of heart disease from January to September this year. In America, heart disease continues to claim more lives than cancer and chronic lower respiratory disease combined. Some risk factors for heart disease include high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, and smoking.

Meanwhile, cancer was responsible for more than 450,000 deaths, and COVID-19 accounted for over 230,000 deaths so far this year. Almost half of the COVID-19 deaths occurred in the first two months of the year as the highly contagious omicron variant tore through the country, per the analysis. Since then, COVID-19 deaths have largely plateaued, though hospitalizations have increased in the past two weeks following Thanksgiving.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/healthcare/us-causes-death-2022-heart-disease-cancer-covid-19
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Death toll: What were the biggest US causes of death in 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 04:11:13 pm »
   Seems everything causes Heart Attacks these days, especially if you're vaxxed.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 04:25:01 pm »
I'm 100% sure I wouldn't be here typing anything today if I had taken the "vaccine".
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 05:02:02 pm »
   Seems everything causes Heart Attacks these days, especially if you're vaxxed.
Heart attacks have been the leading (default) cause of death for many decades now, long before "vaxxed" was a thing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2022, 05:03:10 pm »
Heart attacks have been the leading (default) cause of death for a long time now, long before "the jab."

Good God, you anti-vaxxers will cling to anything!

Except Blood Clots and Myocarditis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2022, 08:12:04 pm »
   Except Blood Clots and Myocarditis
Let it be known to the crowd that I took back the second part of that statement as poor taste.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 08:25:17 pm »
    I Love ya anyway @jmyrlefuller  wink777

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 04:15:35 pm »
Monitoring Bias
@monitoringbias
Homicide is the cause of death of 4.5% of black males in the US.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 10:49:58 pm »