Author Topic: “Britain has Become a Poorer Country” – but is STILL Chasing NET ZERO  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Britain has Become a Poorer Country” – but is STILL Chasing NET ZERO
7 hours ago Eric Worrall 24 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

The mainstream media are failing us, not asking obvious questions, like “how can we prevent energy prices spiralling out of control?”.

As the UK falls into a recession that could soon swallow Europe, this town offers clues on England’s cost-of-living nightmare

By Lucia Stein

While much of the world anxiously waits to see if their economies will tip into a recession next year, the United Kingdom may already be in the midst of one.

The economy shrank 0.3 per cent between July and September, in what Bank of England forecasts say is the start of a “prolonged period” of negative growth that will last throughout 2023.

“Why is Britain set to be the first country into recession and the last country out?” Labour leader Keir Starmer asked in parliament last month.

“The UK has effectively become a poorer country, not just poorer than we expected to be, actually just poorer,” Institute for Fiscal Studies senior research economist Ben Zaranko said.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/30/britain-has-become-a-poorer-country-but-still-chasing-net-zero/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 01:55:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Because anthropogenic 'global warming' is the big smokescreen for the Great Reset.
The Republic is lost.