Author Topic: Snow b-lizard! Taxidermist is left stunned after frozen iguanas start dropping out of trees in Flori  (Read 126 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Snow b-lizard! Taxidermist is left stunned after frozen iguanas start dropping out of trees in Florida as cold snap sweeps the US
Brendan Denuyl, 29, filmed himself collecting an array of iguanas 
When temperatures drop below 10C, iguanas seize up and become immobile
The reptiles have been falling out of palm trees as Storm Elliott blasts Florida
By JAMES CALLERY FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 06:46 EST, 30 December 2022 | UPDATED: 15:13 EST, 30 December 2022

An animal-lover has filmed himself collecting iguanas that have frozen and fallen out of palm trees due to Storm Elliott blasting Florida.

Brendain Denuyl, 29, filmed himself with the iguanas in his arms in Pembroke Pines, South Florida, as they sezed up during the killer cold snap.

Iguanas are naturally cold-blooded and rely on heat from the sun and their surroundings. When temperatures drop below 10C they become immobile.

Brendan, who works as a taxidermist, said he was out fishing on Christmas night, which happened to be the coldest night of the year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11585195/Taxidermist-left-stunned-frozen-iguanas-start-dropping-trees-Florida.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 09:03:47 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson