Author Topic: The US military is planning for a 'transformative' year in Asia as tensions with China continue to r  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US military is planning for a 'transformative' year in Asia as tensions with China continue to rise
Christopher Woody
Tue, December 27, 2022 at 6:58 PM EST·6 min read

US Marines rehearse for an amphibious landing with Philippine, South Korea, and Japanese troops in the Philippines in October.US Marine Corps/Cpl. Yvonne Iwae
Amid rising tensions with China, the US military has sought to bolster its presence in Asia.

US forces there may see the "most transformative year" in a generation in 2023, a US official said.

Major changes to the US military presence in Asia face logistical and political hurdles, however.

The US military will have a "transformative" year in Asia in 2023, a top defense official said this month, continuing the Biden administration's efforts counter what US officials say is China's destabilizing influence on the region's security.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-military-planning-transformative-asia-235827224.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:53:54 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
When I see a term like "TRANSFORMATIVE YEAR" in connection with the military, it has to indicate they don't have any idea what the year will look like.  A 25 cent word in a 10 cent military vocabulary just doesn't look right. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

With an emphasis on 'Trans'.