Author Topic: US destroyer catches fire; Navy and ATF investigating  (Read 101 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US destroyer catches fire; Navy and ATF investigating
« on: December 30, 2022, 12:10:57 pm »
US destroyer catches fire; Navy and ATF investigating

DECEMBER 29, 2022 RYAN MORGAN

The Arleigh Burke-class destroyer USS Carney (DDG-64) caught fire while stationed at Naval Station Mayport in Florida last week. Now the Navy is investigating the incident and they’ve brought the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to assist.

The fire onboard the USS Carney broke out at approximately 3:43 a.m. Dec. 23, Lt. Cmdr. Jason Fischer, a spokesman for Naval Surface Force Atlantic told American Military News.

Fischer said six Sailors were taken to Baptist Beach Hospital to undergo medical evaluations for smoke inhalation. The sailors were all released later that day.

The ship’s crew was able to extinguish the fire and de-smoked the affected spaces. The full extent and cost of the damage to the ship is unknown at this time.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/12/us-destroyer-catches-fire-navy-and-atf-investigating/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:11:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson