Author Topic: “Harmful” Americans “stuck on stupid”  (Read 146 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“Harmful” Americans “stuck on stupid”
« on: December 29, 2022, 04:54:53 pm »
 :thud:By Duggan Flanakin |December 29th, 2022|Culture|2 Comments

America, the long-popular term for the United States, can be spoken no longer. “America” therefore is – at least on campus – dead. Good riddance to that racist moniker!

We learn this from our friends at the Leland Stanford Junior University, named in honor of the son and namesake of 19th Century Republican U.S. Senator Amasa Leland Stanford. The elder Stanford, who served as Governor of the Golden State in 1862-63, was also a railroad executive whose son lived only to the age of 15.

According to Stanford’s Elimination of Harmful Language Initiative [EHLI], the term “American” is a racist insinuation that the U.S. is the most important country of the 42 nations in the Western Hemisphere. [Q: How many people are crossing the borders of the other 41?]

“Harmful” terms on the EHLI website are grouped into these categories – ableist, ageism, culturally appropriative, gender-based, imprecise language, institutionalized racism, person-first, and violent. But the public no longer has access to Stanford’s list that includes many more than George Carlin’s seven dirty words.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/12/29/harmful-americans-stuck-on-stupid/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=harmful-americans-stuck-on-stupid
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson