Author Topic: Marine colonel awards medal to corporal who saved his life  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine colonel awards medal to corporal who saved his life
« on: December 29, 2022, 01:33:38 pm »
Marine colonel awards medal to corporal who saved his life
By Irene Loewenson
 Dec 28, 04:44 PM

Marine Col. Carlos Urbina was having lunch with a friend in a restaurant on the Marine base in Quantico, Virginia, on Nov. 14 when he started to feel unwell.

The colonel, who serves as the director of the command element of the Capabilities Development Directorate’s information division, thought nothing of it at first. But then he went into sudden cardiac arrest, he told reporters.

Luckily for Urbina, also eating lunch at the S&G restaurant were Air Force doctor Capt. Jennifer Fields and Marine Cpl. Chase Portello.

Fields rushed to him, and Portello — who got his EMT training in 2018 while a firefighter in Fort Mill, South Carolina — followed to offer his help.

“There’s a Marine that needs help,” Portello recalled thinking. “I know I can, so I got up and helped.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/12/28/marine-colonel-awards-medal-to-corporal-who-saved-his-life/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 01:34:27 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson