Author Topic: Exclusive — Trump Warns GOP of Democrat ‘Traps’: ‘Have to Protect’ Social Security, Must Have ‘The T  (Read 922 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — Trump Warns GOP of Democrat ‘Traps’: ‘Have to Protect’ Social Security, Must Have ‘The Three Exceptions’ on Abortion

Matthew Boyle 28 Dec 2022 Miami, FL

MIAMI, Florida — Former President Donald Trump pledged he will never cut Social Security if elected again to the White House in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News here earlier in December.

“We’re not cutting Social Security,” Trump said. “It’s very simple. It’s a simple answer. We’re not cutting Social Security.”

Trump’s interview with Breitbart News came earlier in December at his Miami golf course, Trump National Doral.

Social Security, which was developed as part of the New Deal by then-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the aftermath of the Great Depression, is a very simple program that guarantees Americans who hit retirement age certain income. Throughout the course of their lives, the federal government garnishes Americans’ wages—taking a cut of their paychecks—on the promise that at the end of their lives they will get a check on the regular so they can retire and live out the rest of their lives.

“We have to protect it. It’s a contract with the people,” Trump said of Social Security. “They go in. They work and they do. They put their blood, sweat, and tears into Social Security and then you have a guy like a Paul Ryan or others that want to destroy it. We have a contract. There are plenty of places we can take from where it’s waste. Look at the Green New Deal nonsense. That’s many times Social Security, what they’re doing with the Green New Deal. That is like throwing money out the window. I’m all for the environment. I’m an environmentalist in the truest sense. But the Green New Deal is like the Green New Hoax. It’s a hoax. Then when they talk about Social Security, they’re going to destroy Social Security so they can build more windmills all over the place that don’t work? It’s not going to happen with me.”

Trump warned that Republicans discussing cutting Social Security were falling into one of many “traps” that the Democrats lay for the GOP with the American electorate. Some Republicans had promised to try to tackle “entitlement reform” post-midterms, an issue that Democrat President Joe Biden zoned in on aggressively during the final few weeks of the campaign. That may have tanked several otherwise promising GOP candidates coast to coast, Trump said, arguing that these Republicans “fell into” the Democrats’ “trap.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/28/exclusive-trump-warns-gop-of-democrat-traps-have-to-protect-social-security-must-have-the-three-exceptions-on-abortion/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's still a Ponzi scheme.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It's still a Ponzi scheme.
Always has been.   No Goprer or Demo will ever fix it.  I do not see a problem. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think Trump is referring to Sen Scott who had to announce a few months before the midterms that SSI needs to be reformed...well the Dems were off and running using this as a campaign issue that Repubs were going to take your SSI away....and it worked!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

FTA

Trump argued that Republicans must support what he called “the three exceptions”—for rape, incest, and the life of the mother—to any measures banning abortion, or else they face electoral elimination in most of America. Trump specifically singled out Michigan GOP gubernatorial candidate Tudor Dixon and Pennsylvania GOP gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano, both of whom lost their respective races this year after taking hardline positions without such exceptions.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
FTA

He makes good arguments... not that I think it'll make people want to vote for him.  :shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

FTA

Thune's vision is something that former House Speaker Paul Ryan, now a board member at Fox News parent company Fox Corporation, has long promoted and is again pushing.

In his spare time, apparently, Ryan has also developed a new handy plan to—again, as he promoted before and failed, causing irreparable harm to the GOP—cut Social Security. Ryan’s plan, published in the wake of the 2022 midterm elections, focuses heavily on cutting the longstanding program. Ryan is the co-editor of the plan, released through the American Enterprise Institute, which is titled: “American Renewal: A Conservative Plan to Strengthen the Social Contract and Save the Country’s Finances.” In it, a collection of essays, multiple authors argue for “rethinking” Social Security.

Online Right_in_Virginia

He makes good arguments... not that I think it'll make people want to vote for him.  :shrug:

I think he's saying not including the three exceptions gives people a reason NOT to vote for Republicans and the demonrats something to exploit.

Offline LMAO

From the article...
We’re not cutting Social Security,” Trump said. “It’s very simple. It’s a simple answer. We’re not cutting Social Security.”
Ok

How do we pay for it without burdensome taxes or printing?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

Always has been.   No Goprer or Demo will ever fix it.  I do not see a problem.

GW Bush tried taking the first step back in 2006.  But the GOP House and Senate punted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

From the article...
We’re not cutting Social Security,” Trump said. “It’s very simple. It’s a simple answer. We’re not cutting Social Security.”
Ok

How do we pay for it without burdensome taxes or printing?

The same way Trump said that the 25% of those who can't afford health insurance will be "paid for by the government"... In reality the government pays for nothing because it produces nothing. Everyone else pays with a lower standard of living. They just print mountains of money with no end in sight - and here we are wondering what happened...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again...
Everything... everything... Mr. Trump said above was dead-on right.

But... OH!... Those mean tweets !!!

Offline Hoodat

He makes good arguments...

Too bad these arguments weren't being made when he was in office.  If the Republicans would ever privatize Social Security, they could win every election for the next three decades.  Imagine giving every American the ability to watch their Social Security taxes being deposited into an investment account that they can track.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Too bad these arguments weren't being made when he was in office.  If the Republicans would ever privatize Social Security, they could win every election for the next three decades.  Imagine giving every American the ability to watch their Social Security taxes being deposited into an investment account that they can track.

Yeah, they'd win as long as the stock market went up. Every time it went down they'd be blamed for throwing granny off a cliff, heh.