Author Topic: The Myth Of The So-Called Arctic Death Spiral  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Myth Of The So-Called Arctic Death Spiral
« on: December 28, 2022, 03:51:17 pm »
WRITTEN BY JOHN DEE ON DEC 27, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

The Myth Of The So-Called Arctic Death Spiral

Between 2017 and 2020, I reckon I spent more time analyzing all things Arctic than all other climate topics put together.

The reason for this is simple: the Arctic is the poster child of alarmism and a place where globalist-funded journalists can take sensational photographs to prove to the world that things are really bad and getting badder. [emphasis, links added]

By way of example, here is a smashing photo of a bay in Greenland that was taken by a journalist in June 2019, who swore the same area was chock-a-block full of thick sea ice the year before:

This is meant to shock us into despair and a good many folks will no doubt have fallen for the powerful graphical narrative.

Now the interesting thing here is that the journalist’s claim was entirely truthful, but what they omitted to tell their readers is the fact that sea ice completely disappears in this bay each and every year in the summer, and returns again in the winter.

In fact, if they were doing their job properly, they’d go on to inform readers that 60% – 70% of all Arctic sea ice melts during the warm season every year only to return the next – a topic that I shall be chewing over in the New Year.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-myth-of-the-so-called-arctic-death-spiral/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 03:53:30 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

Re: The Myth Of The So-Called Arctic Death Spiral
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 04:04:35 pm »
Now the interesting thing here is that the journalist’s claim was entirely truthful, but what they omitted to tell their readers is the fact that sea ice completely disappears in this bay each and every year in the summer, and returns again in the winter.

They have done the very same thing with Montana glaciers that I know very well...

Take a pic from the 40s, taken in the springtime, and offer for comparison a contemporary pic taken in the late fall... The thing they neglect to tell their readers is that those glaciers ALWAYS lose most of their size across the summer - and a hot summer even more so... But it only takes a couple heavy winters to put them all the way back to their full potential...