Author Topic: New ‘Women’s Initiatives Team’ seeking soldiers — men and women  (Read 128 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New ‘Women’s Initiatives Team’ seeking soldiers — men and women
By Davis Winkie
 Dec 28, 07:39 AM

Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division walk to their C-17 aircraft for a jump at Fort Bragg, N.C. The soldiers completed an all-female pass to pay homage to the history of women in the U.S. Army. (Spc. Emely Opio/Army)The Army is launching a new advisory team to analyze policy and other matters in an effort to boost recruitment, retention and more for women across the service.

The service’s “Women’s Initiatives Team” will focus on advising senior leaders on “policy, program, and resource changes to create opportunities for success in women’s recruitment, retention, readiness, and advancement across the Total Army,” according to a Dec. 20 release.

The team will report to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, the release said. The Senate recently confirmed RAND think tank analyst Dr. Agnes Schaefer to fill the role, which had been vacant since January 2021.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/12/28/new-womens-initiatives-team-seeking-soldiers-men-and-women/
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 12:58:52 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: New ‘Women’s Initiatives Team’ seeking soldiers — men and women
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 01:03:08 pm »
The Army must be deadly serious about this since they put such a high ranking :whistle: person in charge.  However, the program is in trouble right away.  I don't see LGBTQ, or the other 150 or so genders are included.  No diversity, don't you see!  Besides, I thought there was no longer any difference between males and females in the Army. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson