Author Topic: Can the Army fill its ranks?  (Read 263 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Can the Army fill its ranks?
« on: December 27, 2022, 12:50:08 pm »
By Davis Winkie
 Dec 26, 01:43 PM

As the Army rolls along into 2023, everyone from recruiters to senior leaders to Congress are closely monitoring whether the Army will be able to shore up its recruiting and stem the end strength freefall that the service is currently experiencing.

The service experienced a shortfall of 15,000 recruits in fiscal 2022, which caused it to miss its congressionally-authorized end strength by nearly 20,000 soldiers.

An end strength crisis is here for the Army
There’s no sugarcoating it: all three components of the Army missed their required end strength for fiscal 2022.

By Davis Winkie
And service officials have expressed fear that they won’t be able to rebound in fiscal 2023, telling Congress they think they will shrink to between 445,000 and 452,000 troops. Lawmakers responded by cutting their authorization to 452,000 in the compromise version of the defense policy bill.

It’s not clear how the continuing decline in manning will impact operations, though service officials insist that the Army will be able to meet all of its requirements with fewer troops, indicating that a potential restructuring of brigade combat teams could help.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/12/26/can-the-army-fill-its-ranks/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 12:50:57 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Can the Army fill its ranks?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 12:53:46 pm »
Sure it can, if it recruits the same "quality" of person it did in Viet Nam.  But that was prior to such heavy use of computers which requires a person to read at the ninth-grade level to use the manuals. :thud:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 12:54:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 03:19:54 pm »
When you see the quality of managment from the CIC, down to the General Officer ranks right now........

Would you be enthusiastic, or give thought these idiots might make you cannon fodder?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 03:03:04 pm »
By Davis Winkie
 Dec 26, 01:43 PM

As the Army rolls along into 2023, everyone from recruiters to senior leaders to Congress are closely monitoring whether the Army will be able to shore up its recruiting and stem the end strength freefall that the service is currently experiencing.

The service experienced a shortfall of 15,000 recruits in fiscal 2022, which caused it to miss its congressionally-authorized end strength by nearly 20,000 soldiers.

An end strength crisis is here for the Army
There’s no sugarcoating it: all three components of the Army missed their required end strength for fiscal 2022.

By Davis Winkie
And service officials have expressed fear that they won’t be able to rebound in fiscal 2023, telling Congress they think they will shrink to between 445,000 and 452,000 troops. Lawmakers responded by cutting their authorization to 452,000 in the compromise version of the defense policy bill.

It’s not clear how the continuing decline in manning will impact operations, though service officials insist that the Army will be able to meet all of its requirements with fewer troops, indicating that a potential restructuring of brigade combat teams could help.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/12/26/can-the-army-fill-its-ranks/

The military under Biden, Austin, and Milley has deliberately alienated the socially conservative core of the military recruiting pool so as to make the military "more like the country as a whole."

The problem is that left leaning people tend to have little or no interest in joining the military.  So, you're you lose conservative- leaning types and aren't replacing them with anybody.<p>

My circle of veteran friends are no longer recommending the military to young people.  And apparently, that's becoming much more common.