Author Topic: New Poll: A Large Plurality of Americans Believes that Amnesty Would Only Exacerbate the Border Cris  (Read 141 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Poll: A Large Plurality of Americans Believes that Amnesty Would Only Exacerbate the Border Crisis
December 16, 2022

Pawel Styrna
Senior Researcher
The United States is about to enter the third year of the self-inflicted Biden Border Crisis which has seen record numbers of apprehensions, illegal crossings, and got-aways. In such a disastrous situation, common sense would call for making border security a priority while avoiding anything that might further encourage the deluge of mass illegal migration. Unfortunately, common sense is not very common on Capitol Hill, as exemplified by the recent “bipartisan” attempt by Senators Kyrsten Sinema (a Democrat-turned-Independent from Arizona) and Thom Tillis (the GOP senator from North Carolina) to push through a lame-duck amnesty for approximately 2 million illegal aliens in exchange for flimsy promises of future border security. While the Sinema-Tillis amnesty may be dead for now, there will surely be similar out-of-touch proposals in the future. Fortunately, a large plurality of Americans recognizes that amnesty will only contribute to the problem.

According to the latest Rasmussen Reports survey 46 percent of likely voters agree that mass amnesty would only exacerbate the illegal migration crisis. “Only 23% believe amnesty would make the problem better, while 20% say it wouldn’t make much difference and another 10% are not sure.” Most Republicans (71 percent) agree that amnesty would exacerbate illegal migration, as do 24 percent of Democrats. Only 36 percent of Democratic likely voters believe that it will somehow improve things and 38 percent say it would not make a difference.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2022/12/16/new-poll-large-plurality-americans-believes-amnesty-would-only-exacerbate-border
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 06:35:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson