Author Topic: EV Owner Stranded At Supercharger Station After Cold Weather Deadens Battery  (Read 909 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY TYLER DURDEN ON DEC 26, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

EV Owner Stranded At Supercharger Station After Cold Weather Deadens Battery

dashboard errorBesides freezing door handles, Tesla owners who braved the cold this Christmas weekend were met with ‘winter range anxiety.’ As we explained last week, cold weather will degrade battery performance.

At least one video went viral on Christmas Eve of a person whose Model S wouldn’t charge in the cold at a Supercharger station.

Domenick Nati, 44, a resident of Lynchburg, Virginia, rolled into a Supercharger station Saturday afternoon with 19 miles left of charge. [emphasis, links added]

The Tesla’s dashboard showed outside temperatures were 19 degrees Fahrenheit. He made a video about his awful experience over the last 24 hours.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/ev-owner-stranded-at-supercharger-station-after-cold-weather-deadens-battery/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My heart pumps warm urine for him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I am sorry he was a victim of his own virtue signaling stupidity.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Meanwhile, in St. Louis, an EV went up in flames in the middle of the night while parked in a garage.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

You would think that a person would do a bit more research before plopping down $60 grand for a car.  Filling a tank with gas would have taken about 2 min.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
You would think that a person would do a bit more research before plopping down $60 grand for a car.  Filling a tank with gas would have taken about 2 min.
I think your about 40k light on the price of a Model S, but that just increases the derision of the person with more money than common sense.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think your about 40k light on the price of a Model S, but that just increases the derision of the person with more money than common sense.

@GtHawk

Maybe he could burn some of his pocket change to keep warm?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@GtHawk

Maybe he could burn some of his pocket change to keep warm?
Those plastic cards don't put off heat for very long...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Those plastic cards don't put off heat for very long...
Not the cards, the paper bills for the cards. The guys still gonna freeze to death but he'll be freezin in style in his Tesla Model S :silly:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So now, being a mite afraid of severe exposure (or just freezing to death) is "winter range anxiety"?

How about some other anxieties we could have out there?

How about "extended vertical travel" anxiety for those who feel a twinge at the thought of falling off a cliff?

How about "insufficient hydration anxiety" for someone stuck in the desert without water?

Or "lack of nutrition anxiety" instead of worrying about starving to death.

We could even have "wind chill anxiety" for those who can freeze to death on their doorstep.

As anyone who has survived such a predicament can say (those who didn't aren't talking much), facing a potentially lethal situation is no small matter.

To write off the rational fear that such predicaments can lead to death as a mere "anxiety" does justice to neither those who possess that rational fear, nor the situations they have a perfectly justified reason to avoid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So now, being a mite afraid of severe exposure (or just freezing to death) is "winter range anxiety"?

How about some other anxieties we could have out there?

How about "extended vertical travel" anxiety for those who feel a twinge at the thought of falling off a cliff?

How about "insufficient hydration anxiety" for someone stuck in the desert without water?

Or "lack of nutrition anxiety" instead of worrying about starving to death.

We could even have "wind chill anxiety" for those who can freeze to death on their doorstep.

As anyone who has survived such a predicament can say (those who didn't aren't talking much), facing a potentially lethal situation is no small matter.

To write off the rational fear that such predicaments can lead to death as a mere "anxiety" does justice to neither those who possess that rational fear, nor the situations they have a perfectly justified reason to avoid.

I've been lamenting the branding of people worried about vehicle range as mentally ill since I first heard of "range anxiety."  Finally, someone agrees with me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

We are rapidly devolving... And with it our standard of living... All on the alter of the elite who know best without requiring any evidence they actually know anything.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We are rapidly devolving... And with it our standard of living... All on the alter of the elite who know best without requiring any evidence they actually know anything.

@DB

They know how to herd sheeple.