Author Topic: Biden’s Green Energy Transition Will Increase Shipping Costs/Consumer Price  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Select Page
Biden’s Green Energy Transition Will Increase Shipping Costs/Consumer Prices
by Jeff Dunetz | Dec 22, 2022 | Economy

Last October, 100+ cargo ships were lined up at the largest port in the country,  San Diego and Los Angeles. It looked like a cargo ship version of the lines of people waiting to buy tickets to a concert of their favorite performer. The delay in unloading shiploads of imported goods such as food, toys, and electronics delayed products from reaching shelves and increased prices.

The Biden administration’s 2022 “green” program will increase prices in an economy already suffering from high inflation.

2021 Cargo Ship Back-up

Shipping is being forced into a huge and expensive energy transition to low- or no-carbon fuels. And like most of the rules made by the Biden Administration, the rule is confusing and does not display knowledge of the industry they are trying to regulate and increases the inflation already slowing down the economy.

Per the Wall Street Journal, the shipping companies are having problems figuring out how to execute this regulation:

https://lidblog.com/green-energy-transition/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson