Author Topic: THE US HAS FAILED AT IRREGULAR WARFARE. THIS MUST STOP  (Read 219 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
THE US HAS FAILED AT IRREGULAR WARFARE. THIS MUST STOP
« on: December 25, 2022, 12:40:46 pm »
THE US HAS FAILED AT IRREGULAR WARFARE. THIS MUST STOP
Steve Balestrieri | December 22, 2022

Since the Vietnam War, the United States has been involved in several major and minor conflicts where irregular warfare (IW) has been waged. And the success the US has had has paled in comparison to its failures.

It is a maddening track record for the country with the world’s most powerful and advanced military. Lieutenant General Charlie Cleveland correctly pointed out that the U.S. has not been successful beyond the tactical level, despite the expertise of our troops who excel at the tactical level.

LTG Cleveland added that the wars that the U.S. has conducted in the past 40 years revolved not around defeating a conventional army but defeating armed civilians or paramilitary forces. These combat operations are characterized not by seizing and holding territory but by success in winning populations (hearts and minds, if you will).

It is imperative that the U.S. wins the population-centric struggle. To do so, local partnerships and gaining the population’s trust, influence, and legitimacy.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/the-us-has-failed-at-irregular-warfare-this-must-stop/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: THE US HAS FAILED AT IRREGULAR WARFARE. THIS MUST STOP
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2022, 04:36:58 pm »
And "Corporate Millitary" is now heard from.

Hard to believe anyone could reach the rank of LTG and be THAT freaking clueless,so it is due to corruption. "Big Army" equals bigger budgests,more soldiers,and as a direct result of the all that,more General officer positions coming open.

BTW,will someone PLEASE tell this dummy that successful covert operations are NOT supposed to be talked about and made public. That is why they are called "covert".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: THE US HAS FAILED AT IRREGULAR WARFARE. THIS MUST STOP
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 04:47:14 pm »
BTW,he does not have ONE single combat award. He has spent his entire career as a staff puke.

Yeah,he got a CIB,but he didn't earn it unless they changed the qualifications to "being in the same country at the same time a shot was fired,somewhere,at someone.

His bio says he spent time in the 82nd Abn Division,and they are infamous for handing out awards to soldiers that were attached to a combat brigade,but never left Bragg.

One example is they gave everybody in one combat brigade a Combat Infantryman's Badge,despite the fact that some of them never left Ft.Bragg.

The DR dustup happened before VN "got hot",but there really wasn't much to it. I was there,and never heard a shot fired and didn't know anybody that did.

Once VN "got hot" and soldiers there were really getting shot at and hit,someone in authority questioned some of the NCO's and Officers in the 82nd getting a "Second Award of the CIB",and the DR CIB's were all revoked.

Not that it matters. The West Point officers who were in the 82nd when it happened had moved on to other,higher commands since then,gotten promoted in some cases BECAUSE they had the CIB award and the officers they were competing with didn't,and THOSE CIB's were never revoked.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!