Author Topic: Record number of apprehensions, gotaways in fiscal 2022 surpass 3.3 million  (Read 172 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Record number of apprehensions, gotaways in fiscal 2022 surpass 3.3 million
At least 637,170 gotaways – foreign nationals who illegally entered the U.S. in between ports of entry and evaded capture by law enforcement – were reported by Border Patrol agents.

By The Center Square Staff
By Bethany Blankley
Updated: December 23, 2022 - 11:03pm

Arecord number of illegal foreign nationals were apprehended or recorded evading capture by Border Patrol agents in fiscal year 2022, surpassing 3 million, according to data obtained by The Center Square.

In October, U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported 2.7 million encounters and apprehensions of foreign nationals illegally entering the U.S., which included data from Border Patrol and Office of Field Operations and excluded known and reported gotaways.

At least 637,170 gotaways – foreign nationals who illegally entered the U.S. in between ports of entry and evaded capture by law enforcement – were reported by Border Patrol agents in nine southwestern border sectors, according to data obtained by The Center Square.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/record-number-apprehensions-gotaways-fiscal-2022-surpass-33-million
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson