Author Topic: US border officials report record number of migrant encounters in November; majority not from Mexico  (Read 164 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US border officials report record number of migrant encounters in November; majority not from Mexico
Nearly 67,000 of those encountered were processed for expulsion under Title 42
Louis CasianoBy Louis Casiano , Bill Melugin | Fox News

Border Patrol Council on Senate omnibus bill: 'Very disappointed'
National Border Patrol Council VP Hector Garza weighs in on the ongoing border crisis as officials continue to be overwhelmed by migrant influx on 'Your World.'

In a Friday night release before Christmas, U.S. border authorities reported a record number of encounters with migrants in November as officials worry about the impacts of the impending expiration of Title 42.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said the agency saw 233,740 encounters along the southwest border, a 1% increase from October. At least 16% of the migrants encountered had at least one prior encounter in the past year, the agency said.

Nearly 67,000 of those encountered were processed for expulsion under Title 42.

Migrants wait to get into a U.S. government bus after crossing the border from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to El Paso, Texas on Monday. Border authorities reported 233,740 migrant encounters along the southwest border for November.

Migrants wait to get into a U.S. government bus after crossing the border from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, to El Paso, Texas on Monday. Border authorities reported 233,740 migrant encounters along the southwest border for November.  (AP Photo/Christian Chavez, File)

"Individuals from Mexico and northern Central America accounted for just 30% of unique encounters in November, a significant drop from the 53% they represented a year ago, as more migrants arrive from a variety of other countries, including Cuba and Nicaragua," said CBP Acting Commissioner Troy Miller.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-border-officials-report-record-migrant-encouters-november-majority-mexico
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson