Author Topic: Car parking curbs and slashing journeys among Irish Government climate plans  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Car parking curbs and slashing journeys among Irish Government climate plans
DECEMBER 24, 2022
tags: ireland
By Paul Homewood

News from Ireland this week:

The Government wants to slash the number of car journeys and clamp down on parking spaces as part of its climate action plan, it is understood.

The plan, which will set out how the Government will achieve the agreed sectoral emissions targets and the overall target of a 51 per cent reduction by 2030 and net zero by 2050, will be published on Wednesday.

The Cabinet will meet on Wednesday afternoon to sign off on the plan.

The Cabinet is to meet on Wednesday afternoon to sign off on the climate action plan.

While it is understood there is no specific commitment to congestion charges within the plan, the Government is considering them as one of their options. 

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2022/12/24/car-parking-curbs-and-slashing-journeys-among-irish-government-climate-plans/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The plan should go a long way toward saving the earth. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson