Author Topic: LAPD tells officers to celebrate responsibly after seven are arrested in DUI cases  (Read 407 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Libor Jany - Star Tribune 12/22/2022

After the arrests of seven Los Angeles police officers on suspicion of drunk driving in recent days, LAPD officials are cautioning cops not to make the same mistake.

In a department-wide bulletin, LAPD brass wrote that half of those arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence had a blood-alcohol level of more than twice the legal limit, and that several of the incidents resulted in crashes with injuries.

“Unfortunately, the recent arrests are in addition to the many other alcohol- and drug-related incidents involving our department personnel throughout the year,” read the bulletin from the LAPD’s Professional Standards Bureau, which was first reported by KNBC-TV Channel 4. “These alcohol-related arrests are a substantial and sudden increase, and represent an alarming trend as the end-of-the-year celebrations commence.”

Alcohol abuse is a persistent issue in the LAPD, with many officers investigated each year for drunk driving or other alcohol-related incidents.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/12/lapd-tells-officers-to-celebrate-responsibly-after-seven-are-arrested-in-dui-cases/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 12:23:59 am by Elderberry »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Alcohol abuse is a persistent issue in the LAPD, with many officers investigated each year for drunk driving or other alcohol-related incidents.

I know this for a fact since my daughter played fastpitch softball with several girls whose fathers were LAPD, LASD and OCSD and boy were they drinkers...the dads not the daughters and I doubt things have changed over the years. Of course I don't believe that heavy drinking by peace officers is  a phenomenon only in California cities.