Author Topic: El Paso Mayor Calls For UN Intervention On Border  (Read 397 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
El Paso Mayor Calls For UN Intervention On Border
« on: December 23, 2022, 06:42:52 pm »
Harold Hutchison
December 21, 20220

The mayor of El Paso called Wednesday for the United Nations to get involved with the growing crisis on the U.S.-Mexico border, claiming the problem was too big for the United States to handle.

“We need to work together, regardless of party, because this is a U.S. – United States – problem,” Democratic Mayor Oscar Leeser told “CNN This Morning” co-host Don Lemon. “We all need to work together. It’s not an El Paso problem, it’s a lot bigger than El Paso, I honestly believe it’s bigger than the United States. We need to work with the UN, work with other countries to be able to come up with a program that is humanitarian for everyone.”

WATCH:

United States Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) encountered more than 2.3 million migrants in Fiscal Year 2022, with another 230,000 in October, the first month of the new fiscal year, according to official figures, while another 600,000 migrants evaded CBP, Fox News reported.

The Biden administration asked the Supreme Court Tuesday to block legal efforts by Republican states to keep Title 42, a public-health provision used by the Trump administration, in place. Chief Justice John Roberts halted an order by U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan that would have halted the use of Title 42 Wednesday.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/12/el-paso-mayor-calls-for-un-intervention-on-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: El Paso Mayor Calls For UN Intervention On Border
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 06:43:42 pm »
Let them take over El Paso and throw this mayor to the dogs. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline berdie

Re: El Paso Mayor Calls For UN Intervention On Border
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 08:07:35 pm »
That is, without a doubt, one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.