Author Topic: Yuma Regional Medical burdened with unpaid medical bills from treating illegal immigrants  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona border hospital stuck with $20M bill from treating migrants: 'It's unsustainable'
 By Elizabeth Heckman | Fox News

An Arizona border hospital has been left with $20 million in unpaid medial services from the massive influx of illegal immigrants over the past six months.

Yuma Regional Medical President Dr. Robert Transchel joined "Fox & Friends" Friday to discuss how the migrant crisis has burdened hospitals as experts warn the end of Title 42 will escalate border crossings.

Transchel said anyone coming to the hospital receives the "same level of medical care" regardless of immigration status, including surgeries and intensive care.

"People always think they're coming in with coughs and colds, but that's not really the case," Transchel said. "You have individuals come in that need dialysis, that need heart surgery, that need cardiac catheterization. We've had women come into our labor and delivery unit that have delivered infants that need to be in the neonatal ICU for sometimes months at a time."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/arizona-border-hospital-stuck-20m-bill-treating-migrants-unsustainable
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 06:34:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Can someone explain why we are giving free stuff to people who are in violation of US law?  We should be prosecuting them and jailing them.  That's what we do to US citizens who violate the law.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This is why it is cheaper for Border states to give illegal immigrants one-way bus tickets to the northern Sanctuary Cities and States.

Municipal, County, and State governments bear the undue cost burden caused by Federal policies.

Arizona taxpayers need to decide that it's better for them to have other states share those costs.

A one-way bus ticket is the most cost-effective means for states to deal with the costs of illegal immigration.

Do not weep for the taxpayers of Massachusetts because it is our Reps and Senators imposing the undue burden of illegal immigration unto the handful of Border States without their consent.

The best way to make the Federal Government change policy is to have many Dem cities, counties, and states howling for more Federal assistance and greater Federal border security.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

The best way to make the Federal Government change policy is to have many Dem cities, counties, and states howling for more Federal assistance and greater Federal border security.

Not as long as the FED continues to print up new money to fund government.  Cost is of no concern.  Northern Democrat States will petition the Biden Regime for more money, and the regime will hand it over to them without a vote of Congress.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-