Author Topic: U.S. Colonel Says Troops Watching Outside Ukraine 'Ready if the Call Comes'  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Colonel Says Troops Watching Outside Ukraine 'Ready if the Call Comes'
Story by Fatma Khaled • Yesterday 11:34 AM

American troops in the 101st Airborne Division positioned near Ukraine are prepared to respond if the war with Russia reaches allied territory, U.S. Army Colonel Ed Matthaidess recently said.

The troops are positioned in a way that allows their artillery to be within easy range of Ukraine. The proximity also allows members of the division to gather intelligence and monitor fighters around the Black Sea, according to Stars and Stripes, a U.S. military news organization.

Matthaidess said on Monday that troops are "ready if the call comes."

"We are ready for whatever comes our way, and I'm very confident that we will accomplish any mission that's given to us," Major General Joseph P. "J.P." McGee, 101st Airborne Division commander, said recently during an interview at the Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base headquarters in Romania, according to Stars and Stripes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-colonel-says-troops-watching-outside-ukraine-ready-if-the-call-comes/ar-AA15zuHY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2fdb4e1a72c94d1d860b6bbce70f5ee0
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Isn't Gen. Milley worried Biden will start a war and use nukes?  He'd better call his friends in China and assure them he won't allow nukes like he did with Trump!! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson