Author Topic: Dem Rep. Escobar: We Need ‘More Urgency’ from White House, Biden Should ‘Absolutely’ Be at the Borde  (Read 183 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dem Rep. Escobar: We Need ‘More Urgency’ from White House, Biden Should ‘Absolutely’ Be at the Border

PAM KEY21 Dec 202290

Representative Veronica Escobar (D-TX) said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports” that President Joe Biden should “absolutely” be at the U.S.-Mexico border as a surge of migrants is causing a crisis.

Díaz-Balart said, “Washington needs to deal with immigration and they haven’t since 1986, that was the last comprehensive immigration reform that passed in this country.”

He continued, “I just don’t see, and maybe I’m wrong, I don’t see the urgency. I see the urgency of the NGOs, I see the Red Cross, the plane that brought me here was filled with Red Cross volunteers, I see local officials here, I see National Guard, I just don’t see urgency by the federal government. Am I wrong. Where’s FEMA? Where are the organizations? Where are the people just knowing that these are men, women, and children who are asking for asylum, the legal right to ask for asylum, the legal right to ask for asylum. I don’t see it”

Escobar said, “I share your feeling of frustration and the need for more urgency and I want to see that starting with the White House. I would like to see more direct engagement. I will tell you Secretary Mayorkas has been amazing. FEMA has bent over backward to expedite funding to help local governments. It’s because of the efforts of Secretary Mayorkas that we have the American Red Cross coming in.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/12/21/dem-rep-escobar-we-need-more-urgency-from-white-house-biden-should-absolutely-be-at-the-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Just who does she think she is, challenging Biden?  That kind of treasonous activity isn't allowed in the District of Corruption. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson