Author Topic: Omnibus Stalls as Title 42 Amendment Causes Major Problems, Senators Begin Discussing Short-Term Fun  (Read 126 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Omnibus Stalls as Title 42 Amendment Causes Major Problems, Senators Begin Discussing Short-Term Funding Bill

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 21 Dec 2022

Negotiations surrounding the $1.7 trillion omnibus spending package have stalled in the Senate as Sen. Mike Lee’s (R-UT) Title 42 amendment has put a wrench in the process, leading some senators to reportedly discuss a short-term funding bill instead.

Title 42 is an immigration policy that makes it easier for the federal government to send border crossers back to their native countries. Initially implemented by former President Donald Trump at the start of the pandemic, a federal judge recently ordered President Joe Biden’s administration to phase out the program by December 21.

However, following an emergency application filed by a coalition of 19 Republican-led states, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts recently halted that lower court’s order to end Title 42, leaving the program’s fate in the federal judiciary’s hands.

Sen. Lee’s Title 42 amendment ties funding for the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Executive Secretary to the Biden administration keeping Title 42 in place, Politico reported.

Despite Democrat Senate Leader Chuck Schumer’s hopes to bring a vote before the Senate floor on the omnibus bill on Wednesday, Lee’s Title 42 amendment is “causing big problems” in the Senate, ABC News’s Trish Turner reported.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/21/omnibus-stalls-title-42-amendment-causes-major-problems-short-term-funding-bill-discussed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope it stalls, crashes, and burns to cinders!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

Schumer: We Have A Deal On Omnibus

Update (0953ET): Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) says the chamber has finally reached a deal to move the omnibus forward.

"It’s taken a while but it is worth it," said Schumer, who says that while timing is unknown, he hopes to get a line of amendments through the voting process quickly. "We will vote on all of the amendments in order and then vote on final passage."

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/omnibus-bill-stalled-after-gop-senator-demands-trump-era-border-policy-remain