Author Topic: On To The Great Future Of Offshore Wind Power  (Read 153 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
On To The Great Future Of Offshore Wind Power
« on: December 22, 2022, 12:45:22 pm »

On To The Great Future Of Offshore Wind Power

December 19, 2022/ Francis Menton

Today was a big day on the way to New York’s energy future:  Our “Climate Action Council” voted to approve the final “Scoping Plan,” telling us all how we are going to achieve, among other goals, 70% of statewide electricity from renewable energy sources by 2030 and a zero-emission electricity system by 2040.  The press release has the headline “New York State Climate Action Council Finalizes Scoping Plan to Advance Nation-Leading Climate Law.”   Here also is a link to the Scoping Plan itself.

Taking a look at the Scoping Plan and its Executive Summary, I find that the two biggest elements in getting to this zero-emissions electricity system are supposedly going to be offshore wind turbines and energy storage.  I’ve covered the energy storage issues extensively in other posts.  But how about this offshore wind thing?  Surely, to commit New York to transitioning to using offshore wind as the primary source of electricity only seven years from now, they must have a very solid game plan for how it is going to happen.

Actually, as with everything else here, they have no idea.  As of today, there isn’t a single functioning offshore wind turbine in New York State, nor is there a single offshore wind turbine under construction.  The climate cultists on the Climate Action Council think that they can just order this up, and then it will happen.

From the Executive Summary, here is what the CAC says will be necessary to achieve its emissions goals:

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2022-12-19-on-to-the-great-future-of-offshore-wind-power
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson