Author Topic: Don’t Let “Green” Grinch Absurdities Steal Christmas  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Don’t Let “Green” Grinch Absurdities Steal Christmas
« on: December 22, 2022, 12:42:16 pm »
Don’t Let “Green” Grinch Absurdities Steal Christmas
6 hours ago Guest Blogger 4 Comments
By Vijay Jayaraj

The dictionary definition of grinch is a grumpy person who spoils the pleasure of others. For millennials like me who watched a lot of Hollywood movies, the Grinch is a funky-looking green creature who kills Christmas joy.

Now we have the environmentally “green” grinches – climate activists and politicians among them – who put their restrictive energy policies and vegan preferences above your enjoyment of socio-cultural practices and even above your health.

Climate grinches are asking – sometimes forcing – people to consume less electricity, forgo festive celebrations, alter vacation plans and give up meat. Some victims of this insanity may even freeze to death for lack of affordable energy.

In the UK, reduced Christmas lighting is encouraged by the authorities as a conservation measure to save Earth from climate catastrophe. Last year, members of Britain’s parliament said that “dazzling displays could harm the planet.” A headline about green campaigners in The Telegraph read, “Excessive Christmas lights not such a bright idea.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/12/21/dont-let-green-grinch-absurdities-steal-christmas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson