Author Topic: Major 401(k) changes will see government give some workers $1,000, impose automatic enrollment at up  (Read 305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Major 401(k) changes will see government give some workers $1,000, impose automatic enrollment at up to 10% of pay, raise age for required withdrawals and allow rainy day savings accounts

The Retirement Security and Savings Act aims to impose automatic enrollment into retirement plans at up to 10 percent of pay 
    It would see more Americans owning retirement accounts, and low to moderate income households will also be given $1,000 deposits from the government
    The bill will also increase the age for required minimum distribution from 72 to 75, allowing older workers to accrue more wealth in their accounts
    It also removes several barriers over rainy day saving accounts and does away with many penalties for early withdrawals due to emergencies   

By Ronny Reyes For Dailymail.Com

Published: 10:08 EST, 21 December 2022 | Updated: 10:38 EST, 21 December 2022

Congress is expected to pass a bill aimed at making major changes to retirement accounts, including imposing automatic enrollments at up to 10 percent of pay. 

The Retirement Security and Savings Act, which had its final draft published on Tuesday, will see the government give some workers with low to moderate income $1,000 annually to their retirement accounts starting in 2027. 

It also aims to raise the age for required withdrawals from 72 to 75, and allow employees to save up to $2,500 in a rainy-day accounts, while doing away with many penalties for early withdrawals due to emergencies.  

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11562203/Major-401-k-changes-government-workers-1-000-benefits.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

I'd like to see details behind this.  How are the feds going to coerce the low and middle class into saving for retirement? 

Offline LMAO

I'd like to see details behind this.  How are the feds going to coerce the low and middle class into saving for retirement?

Especially as their standard of living becomes more expensive today
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy