Author Topic: Texas congressman sounds alarm on deteriorating conditions for migrants: 'Out of an apocalyptic time  (Read 342 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FOX NEWS FLASH Published December 21, 2022 12:01pm EST

Texas congressman sounds alarm on deteriorating conditions for migrants: 'Out of an apocalyptic time'

Rep. Gonzales says border facility is 400% over capacity, migrants sleeping outside in freezing weather
By Elizabeth Heckman | Fox News

Rep. Tony Gonzales says he’s never seen Texas border facilities this bad

Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas., on his efforts to keep Title 42 in place and Sen. Sinema’s statement that it is a ‘no-brainer’ for Biden to visit the border

Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas., said Wednesday on "America's Newsroom" he's never seen conditions this bad at Border Patrol processing centers in El Paso.

Gonzales reacted to the White House pressing the Supreme Court to allow Title 42 to expire despite deteriorating humanitarian conditions.

"I worry that they're only going to increase capacity and then just release more people into El Paso and throughout the country," he told Bill Hemmer and Dana Perino.

Video footage obtained by Fox News shows a Border Patrol facility in El Paso, Texas, overwhelmed with migrant arrivals.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/texas-congressman-sounds-alarm-deteriorating-conditions-migrants-apocalyptic-time
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I wonder if this is all setting Kamala up to take a fatal political fall? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline BellyAche

I wonder if this is all setting Kamala up to take a fatal political fall? :pondering:

Kamala said in that NPR interview that she'll have more time away from DC because she doesn't have to be a "captive" to break the tie in the Senate anymore. Maybe she'll head down south more and folks will pay attention to her!!! NOT!  *****rollingeyes*****
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt