Author Topic: DHS texts reveal how ICE arrest, deportation report was delayed for months: ‘We now wait!’  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fox News
DHS texts reveal how ICE arrest, deportation report was delayed for months: ‘We now wait!’
Adam Shaw
Wed, December 21, 2022 at 6:12 AM EST·6 min read

EXCLUSIVE: Internal communications by Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials, obtained by Fox News Digital, give a glimpse into a protracted delay of a much-anticipated Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) report, which outlined the numbers of arrests and deportations of illegal immigrants and had been expected at the end of 2021 -- but was not released until deep into 2022.

ICE’s annual report for FY 2021, which would show a sharp decline in the number of arrests and deportations of illegal immigrants under the Biden administration, was expected at the end of 2021 -- but was not released until March 11, 2022.

The failure to release the report by the end of the calendar year sparked accusations that DHS was trying to hide the impact of the administration’s policies. DHS denied this was the case and told Fox in early January that the report was in final review and its release was expected later that month.

But emails and text messages, obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request and given to Fox News Digital, show how ICE officials were expecting a release any day in early January -- but kept getting hit by delay after delay.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dhs-texts-reveal-ice-arrest-111212580.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYWxpcGFjLnVzLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHFi-2CpZPWTEG_tayVHn1efKd7EvC1mIB_tVWHA4W2aRqw1ITsFCXYxGFrGJJa_uR5xqM8Y2nYKtBaExHU95aZ9WHhx0dZyW6TrsPnMoxOVsg5RT1RdXfTDsn8G7C2Ap5wyZ5kQs4Dk0xc54M-EnJNCxLNMowuxe58SsPFQM2s_
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 05:55:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson